The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Connor Ingram to Predators for 2021 7th-round pick

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Weird move, Lightning dont have lots of Goalie depth. Im guessing he asked for a trade. 

So what you're telling me is that if a player asks for a trade, we can dump him for a 7th round pick?  SWEET!  Loui, we got a deal for ya!

Something strange happened with Ingram...possibly personal. From here:

He started last season strong at 14-7, .922, 2.26 and was selected to the AHL’s All-Star Classic. But an unexplained issue developed that subsequently resulted in his demotion to Orlando of the ECHL. Neither BriseBois nor Ingram has publicly discussed the roots of the conflict.

Ingram was briefly called back up to Syracuse in late March but after a meeting with BriseBois the two decided it would be better if he finished his season in the ECHL.

54 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Something strange happened with Ingram...possibly personal. From here:

Joe Smith wondered about the demotion at the time - behind the Athletic's paywall.

https://theathletic.com/879236/2019/03/20/behind-the-mysterious-demotion-of-top-lightning-goalie-prospect-connor-ingram/

“I’ve never got arrested, broke a team rule, got in a fight with a coach or anything like that,” Ingram told The Athletic. “It’s disappointing to see that come out (on social media) and see what people are saying about it. I just think it’s a hockey move.

“That’s what I have to be clear on. There was no big situation that caused all of this to happen.”

So what did happen?

Details are still murky. Ingram said he never missed a practice or requested a trade. “This wasn’t my decision,” he said.

[...]

Agent Blake Evans suggested that this was more of a situation where the Lightning wanted Ingram to be a better pro on and off the ice, and his best guess is that Ingram will be back with the Crunch by the end of the season. “Though I don’t know that for sure,” Evans added.

Solar Bears coach Drake Berehowsky gave Ingram rave reviews for his work ethic and attitude since he has come down.

“A lot of people are blowing things way out of proportion,” Berehowsky said. “It’s not as dramatic as everyone thinks. This is part of the way they want to progress him. They think this will be good for him as an individual.

20 hours ago, mll said:

Agent Blake Evans suggested that this was more of a situation where the Lightning wanted Ingram to be a better pro on and off the ice, and his best guess is that Ingram will be back with the Crunch by the end of the season. “Though I don’t know that for sure,” Evans added.

Solar Bears coach Drake Berehowsky gave Ingram rave reviews for his work ethic and attitude since he has come down.

“A lot of people are blowing things way out of proportion,” Berehowsky said. “It’s not as dramatic as everyone thinks. This is part of the way they want to progress him. They think this will be good for him as an individual.

It seems, ultimately, something turned Tampa against this prospect.  Bit of a hiccup, we don't know what?

Flush...

Archived