• Signs with Canucks 1-2 years 7 mill or less
    • Signs with canucks 1-2 years more than 7 mill
    • signs with Canucks more than 2 years 7 mill or less
    • signs with Canucks more than 2 years show me the money more then 7 mill
    • Signs else where more than 2 years 7 mill or less
    • signs else where more then 2 years 7 mill or more show me the money
    • signs else where absolutely 8 million-9million 4-5 years

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2019 at 11:22 AM

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Here’s a hint; look at how many players above the age of 35 are in the league. 

Then ask yourself if you really want to pay someone 10% of your salary allocation that will be declining hard as they move into the oldest players in the league category as the league gets younger and faster. 

My personal opinion is that he’ll be lucky to get 5 million/season on a 3 year deal. And that teams will go no higher than 6 on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

I really believed this as well couple months ago Edler @ 5-6 then I did my research on the UFA Class and the stats I wrote about is just the tip of it Edler is a far better dman then most people realize most of this fan base see injury history I see what he is worth to other teams. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

I really believed this as well couple months ago Edler @ 5-6 then I did my research on the UFA Class and the stats I wrote about is just the tip of it Edler is a far better dman then most people realize most of this fan base see injury history I see what he is worth to other teams. 

I see his age and the age of the average defender in the league. I thinks he’s amongst the 31 oldest D-men in the league. And the new analytics point to players being on the decline after 31. 

To think he’ll be able to keep up with the speed of the game at 36 or 37 makes no sense. I for one would not want my team paying 7 million at that point for essentially a warm body on the bench or a pilon on the ice. 

Can’t pay players for what they were, but more so for what they’ll be. Sometimes you gamble on a player going into his prime.  You don’t gamble that a guy is going to play his best hockey at 36,37....38? Years old. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I see his age and the age of the average defender in the league. I thinks he’s amongst the 31 oldest D-men in the league. And the new analytics point to players being on the decline after 31. 

To think he’ll be able to keep up with the speed of the game at 36 or 37 makes no sense. I for one would not want my team paying 7 million at that point for essentially a warm body on the bench or a pilon on the ice. 

Can’t pay players for what they were, but more so for what they’ll be. Sometimes you gamble on a player going into his prime.  You don’t gamble that a guy is going to play his best hockey at 36,37....38? Years old. 

I totally agree but GMs are not the most sensible people in the world and  some one is going to offer him a big time contract  

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

I totally agree but GMs are not the most sensible people in the world and  some one is going to offer him a big time contract  

Maybe. But maybe some teams are looking at Toronto’s situation with paying marleau big money and having a tough time getting Marner signed as a direct consequence.

We have our very own situation like that with Louis Eriksson. I can understand why Boeser would hold out for 8-9/year if Eriksson is playing like a plug and making 6. Anything less than 7 offered to Boeser is a pretty big insult.

I just want you guys to think of it this way there is 1 big time Dman in this UFA class that's EK once he is off the board it is Edler and Gardiner, Myers if you want to add him. It is simple supply and demand and I believe the demand is great for dman this year and the supply is simply not there. It comes down to the second tier of defencemen and it just isn't there.  

Just now, rekker said:

Not trying to be a jerk here. But please show me how any 33 year old defenceman have signed 5 year contracts in the last say, five years. I love Eddy but no, just no. 

Time will tell all I'm wrong or you are all wrong but the great part of this all is time will tell us in just a few short weeks. that's why this is fun

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Time will tell all I'm wrong or you are all wrong but the great part of this all is time will tell us in just a few short weeks. that's why this is fun

I cheer your enthusiasm and we all are entitled to an opinion. Go Canucks. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Edler is going to get a better contract than Boeser?  :picard:

Tomorrow I will write about my take on the Boeser contract and on all the RFA major contracts this year it is even better then this don't miss out

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying I would pay this. What I'm saying is this is what I believe he will get on the open market and this is why he hasn't  signed yet.

please identify the team who will sign him for that

do we assume the deal also includes a nmc ?

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

please identify the team who will sign him for that

do we assume the deal also includes a nmc ?

I Cant tell you exactly but it will be a team that loses out on EK bidding war.

SJS is about to lose EK 

Det is going to walk away from Kronwall so unless they go into a full rebuild

Edm if they can swing Cap space

Dal is in a win now mood there my wildcard for this offseason

Mon needs help on the D another wild card for me 

Wash could use another guy on d As well

don't count out Buff Flo Phi NJ or Col just due to massive cap space and need for more defence

LOl. He’s  A #3/4 dman on most teams most nights. 

hasnt played a full season in what feels like his entire career. 

Plays the majority of his contract like he could careless.

plays like a different player on contract years. 

Requires NMC so he can take most nights off until a contract year. 

Iooking for a retirement contract with protection, the minute he signs it he will play like he’s already retired. 

Who ever signs him will regret it. 

Good-luck and goodbye. 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Iooking for a retirement contract with protection, the minute he signs it he will play like he’s already retired. 

Good-luck and goodbye. 

you are the prime example of where this fan base has it completely wrong Edler isn't A super elite dmam or Norris Trophy Candidate but he is a # 1 dman in this league. Name 31 better dmen then Edler if you can he is not a number 1 guy if you cant he is simple math 31 teams 31 #1 dmen

30 minutes ago, combover said:

Who ever signs him will regret it. 

Good-luck and goodbye. 

Here is the Challenge name me just 1 team you would put Edler on as your # 3rd dman just one anyone who believes Edler is a 3-4 dman just name me one team he would play as your 3rd dman

2 hours ago, Sygvard said:

I literally can't tell if you are trolling. Especially with fun new names like "Benn Chariot" and "Jorden Benn". 

I can't quite get over than then then.  It was right there, you had it.

42 minutes ago, combover said:

He’s  A #3/4 dman on most teams most nights. 

Has it ever occured to you that you don't have a clue what you're talking about? Serious question. Are you 100% certain that what you think is in any way remotely resembling a cogent thought ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1