The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nik Ehlers may be on the move.

Jaku

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I agree Monty but if I were Chevy I might try to move Laine for a dman.

Unless that defenseman is just as marketable and sells jerseys like Laine, that won’t happen.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

Maybe the Trouba deal was just a precursor to a Pionk/Tanev completion :shock:

Can't say I know too much about Pionk, but he looks a bit light for me...

in saying this, nearly 24 year old defence man scoring almost half a point per game. His +/- not overwhelming, but playing on a rebuilding Rangers team can do that to anyone. Jet already shipped him to the Rags once, so taking him back must mean they are either high on him, or he was forced on them, which means he'll be on the trade block instantly.

But have to admit he is not, what I was hoping to pick up from Jets...but if he was, maybe he could be used in a trade for Ristolainen. Could be interesting to see Ristolainen playing with Edler.

Edited by spook007

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Can't say I know too much about Pionk, but he looks a bit light for me...

in saying this, nearly 24 year old defence man scoring almost half a point per game. His +/- not overwhelming, but playing on a rebuilding Rangers team can do that to anyone. Jet already shipped him to the Rags once, so taking him back must mean they are either high on him, or he was forced on them, which means he'll be on the trade block instantly.

But have to admit he is not, what I was hoping to pick up from Jets...but if he was, maybe he could be used in a trade for Ristolainen. Could be interesting to see Ristolainen playing with Edler.

wasn't really serious about Pionk/Tanev.   I've leaned more towards a different, heavier type of young rh D (Cernak/Mayfield) as well - but Pionk's size might not be as much of an issue as with some of the options that have been proposed (guys that play a lighter game than him, and different minutes) - and being on the right side, unless he's playing with Hughes, not as much of an issue imo as a player like Gostisbehere - the size of guys like Edler, Hutton, Tryamkin - makes accommodating a small rhd easier than a lhd (with Tanev and Stecher).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

wasn't really serious about Pionk/Tanev.   I've leaned more towards a different, heavier type of young rh D (Cernak/Mayfield) as well - but Pionk's size might not be as much of an issue as with some of the options that have been proposed (guys that play a lighter game than him, and different minutes) - and being on the right side, unless he's playing with Hughes, not as much of an issue imo as a player like Gostisbehere - the size of guys like Edler, Hutton, Tryamkin - makes accommodating a small rhd easier than a lhd (with Tanev and Stecher).

Cheers ON. True...