The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Escrow, where to find what they actually got back

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Exactly why the cap didn't rise as much as first hoped, and some teams (Leafs especially) are in cap hell.  

Again the NHL increasing the cap over these past few years is not real.  The real cap is actually 14% less than the one the teams are playing with.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Exactly why the cap didn't rise as much as first hoped, and some teams (Leafs especially) are in cap hell.  

Again the NHL increasing the cap over these past few years is not real.  The real cap is actually 14% less than the one the teams are playing with.  

so mcdavid is not making 12.5 million

but 13.8% less - or 11.12 million  

let's start a go fund for him

that boy is hurting

and this ratio continued for this past season

the 79 million cap was actually 13.8% less - or 68.1 million

6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

so mcdavid is not making 12.5 million

but 13.8% less - or 11.12 million  

let's start a go fund for him

that boy is hurting

and this ratio continued for this past season

the 79 million cap was actually 13.8% less - or 68.1 million

Yup.  The rise in the salary cap is a sham.  Hockey is not doing well in a lot of US markets.  

39 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& how much Rev do they extort outa' Cdn operations to support their delusional growth in deserts & stormy tropics?

Inquirin' minds wanna' know!

Francois Gagnon of RDS Sports explained some time ago why the NHL wants to stay in those markets.  It's about sponsorship revenue.  They are based on the penetration rate on the global US market.  Phoenix is one of the largest markets in the US and it keeps on growing.  It's more lucrative for the NHL to stay in those markets (FLA, CAR, ARI) despite the empty seats, because of the sponsorship and other parallel revenues they get by covering key markets in the US.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Francois Gagnon of RDS Sports explained some time ago why the NHL wants to stay in those markets.  It's about sponsorship revenue.  They are based on the penetration rate on the global US market.  Phoenix is one of the largest markets in the US and it keeps on growing.  It's more lucrative for the NHL to stay in those markets (FLA, CAR, ARI) despite the empty seats, because of the sponsorship and other parallel revenues they get by covering key markets in the US.  

Perfectly aware that pro sport has gone biz on steroids; & 30 yrs back, they never asked for my permission! It's that final famous line in 'Gone With The Wind'(Helluva good read!), & this sport/hobby is my last hold-out. I've continued to keep an eye(with about a 6 yr break) on the NHL, these past 25 yrs, but dropped all other sport-viewing back in the 90's. Time is too precious.

I simply don't agree with how they're compensated. I boycott religiously, when not agreeing w/something.

Would imagine many folks alter their 'thoughts' on these things when posting online. I'll never go for that shyte. How I'd speak over a coffee/fritter is PRECISELY how I post. That's important to me, & I don't giva'hoot whomever thinks whatever about that.

Know thyself, & be true to thyself(wise men have uttered) & don't let masses confuse your personal inclinations & preferences. On top of all that, almost all media-vermin are cheap wh*res with smudged Leipsic. Hell will freeze over before I depend upon their info. Unless it's an nimportant 'fluff' topic/article..then it's usually fairly accurate.

13 hours ago, mll said:

Another thing about having teams in non hockey markets is that the youths in those areas are being exposed to hockey when before they never had that opportunity.

Without a team in Arizona, maybe Austin Matthews plays football.  Without teams in Florida, maybe the Hughes brothers play baseball.  Without California teams, maybe Thatcher Demko plays soccer instead.  

The NHL will obviously never get a life long football fan in Arizona to suddenly become a hockey fan by sticking a team there, but you might get their kid to be one.  That's the goal for these southern markets.

Archived