The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( RUMOR) Canucks Trying to move up

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

if It's only to 6 I don't see the point.

1st to 3rd but really after that what's the point?  Hughes/Kakko/Byram/Dach then it's literally wide open.

If anything they should look at garnering picks/prospects by weaponizing cap space at the draft on contracts with 2 years or less

Maybe they are thinking Byram might still be there at 6?

3 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Maybe they are thinking Byram might still be there at 6?

Not a chance.  Turcotte at 3 I can see.  Byram being passed up for Dach by Colorado to ensure they have a 1-2 of Mackinnon Dach sure.  But the moment Byram lands in LA's lap Edmonton and Detroit will do everything they can to move up.

Puljujarvi 8th and 2nd round for 5th is far better than what we can offer 

Mantha and 6th for  5th is better than what we can give.

I just see no point moving up and giving up assets

Edited by Warhippy

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

if It's only to 6 I don't see the point.

1st to 3rd but really after that what's the point?  Hughes/Kakko/Byram/Dach then it's literally wide open.

If anything they should look at garnering picks/prospects by weaponizing cap space at the draft on contracts with 2 years or less

I'd put Turcotte in close territory to Byram and then Zegras/Podkolzin/Krebs in the next group above the rest personally. If they REALLY like a guy, say Turcotte, and he makes it to 6....

That said, I'd imagine we don't move up.

Edited by aGENT

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd put Turcotte in close territory to Byram and then Zegras/Podkolzin/Krebs in the next group above the rest personally. If they REALLY like a guy, say Turcotte, and he makes it to 6....

That said, I'd imagine we don't move up.

There's a huge possibility that any of the "next group above" is easily there at 10.  Very easily possible.  No point moving up at all, makes no sense at all to throw away assets 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

There's a huge possibility that any of the "next group above" is easily there at 10.  Very easily possible.  No point moving up at all, makes no sense at all to throw away assets 

Turcotte won't be. 'Next group'...absolutely agree. Or someone not far behind (Dach, Cozens, Boldy etc)

17 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Mods can lock if already a trend or if it does not need its own trend.

Maybe, but only depending on who is there at that point.  The kind of thing you do on the draft floor because you are interested in a specific player or two who may end up being gone,

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If the purpose to move up is to get Byram, then I think staying at 10 and getting Broberg or Seider makes more sense.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not a chance.  Turcotte at 3 I can see.  Byram being passed up for Dach by Colorado to ensure they have a 1-2 of Mackinnon Dach sure.  But the moment Byram lands in LA's lap Edmonton and Detroit will do everything they can to move up.

Puljujarvi 8th and 2nd round for 5th is far better than what we can offer 

I just see no point moving up and giving up assets

Yup. The Canucks' offer starts at the 10th OA, and add pieces after that. And if there is a bidding war (and wouldn't there be?), then the Canucks really start to get fleeced.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1