The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] - Re-signing Edler to Canucks

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

Friedman's tweet is confusing, nice use of multiple negatives Elliot..

He said...."Hearing VAN and Edler closing in on three-year deal that will not have a clause preventing him from being exposed in the expansion draft"

So does that mean that Edler can be exposed or not?

... it's pretty plain English.

if it does NOT include a clause to PREVENT a thing from happening, then the thing can happen. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

... it's pretty plain English.

if it does NOT include a clause to PREVENT a thing from happening, then the thing can happen. 

It's not clear, that's why I asked....thanks for the really nice response.

1 minute ago, Gäz said:

This deal is perfect, at 3 or 4 years. The term never bothered me and even less so now that the cap hit is significantly lower than he would get on the open market (thought he might hold out for more without the full clauses). No expansion protection to boot... It's the right way for him to become less relied on as his career begins to wind down.

In a nutshell: We'll have out veteran/experienced D mentor, who is a career Canuck, at a price that will likely never be a problem (while still being our #1/2D for next season). Anyone that has a problem with that while we are trying to build our new D is crazy.

Yes this is a good deal Edler, 5.5 million x 3 years modified NT clause so we can expose him in expansion draft.....Now we can trade Tanev now...

Sign one of Gardnier or Myers hope term is no longer then 5 years @ 6.5 Million...

Really think Juolevi 6'3, 21, will be top 3 D guy very soon along with Hughes, Edler, Stetcher, Hutton, Schenn #6 or 7

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

It's not clear, that's why I asked....thanks for the really nice response.

if you speak English natively, it should have been clear. if you don't, my apologies, and I applaud your ability to learn English as well as you have. 

• Wat 1

47 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Mods can delete if post is not required

This is an absolutely amazing deal especially with the modified NMC

Benning is seriously starting to look Good.

How good?

image.png.15405674553c44e3e51410f271d51455.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Meh, not as excited as most of you(still think it's one year too long and a little too expensive) but could've been a lot worse.  Welcome back Alex.     

it's .5 million more than he makes now with a modified NMC, but no NTC.

It's a great deal!

Wow, fantastic deal. 3 years at 5.5 is surprising low $, I'm sure he'd be getting 6+ mil offers at longer term on the open market. Even if it's 4 years, still a decent deal. The modified NMC is perfect too. I'm really happy with this news.