The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 20 Thread

goalie13

A quick scan through that list revealed lots of former Canucks...

Adrian Aucoin

Andrew Alberts 
Andrew Cassels
Brendan Morrison
Bryan Allen
Cam Neely
Dana Murzyn
Dave Babych
Esa Tikkanen
Garry Valk
Garth Butcher
Gino Odjick
Greg Adams
Harold Snepts
Igor Larionov
Jim Dowd
Jiri Slegr
John Garrett
Jyrki Lumme
Kirk McLean
Markus Naslund
Mason Raymond
Mikael Samuelsson
Mike Sillinger
Richard Brodeur
Russ Courtnall 
Sami Salo
Sean Burke
Steve Staios
Taylor Pyatt
Tim Hunter
Tony Tanti
Trevor LInden
Willie Mitchell

I probably missed a bunch, and I ignored one.

• Thanks 1

initial feedback from people with early access suggests that while the gameplay looks exactly the same for the most part, it actually plays and feels a lot better than previous years. Seems like some good changes to franchise but for the most part other modes appear to be mostly unchanged.

3 hours ago, ftmN said:

initial feedback from people with early access suggests that while the gameplay looks exactly the same for the most part, it actually plays and feels a lot better than previous years. Seems like some good changes to franchise but for the most part other modes appear to be mostly unchanged.

But is it tremendously tremendous? 

6 hours ago, ftmN said:

Any word if they fixed the potential engine for franchise mode? i was seeing a lot of teams on YouTube with all 99 oa's on their team. 

I can see this being a nice new game but after spending $200 on the last two hear copies I have my reservations. I will hold out hope they continue to work on franchise mode. 

It seems a lot of franchise mode fans like to sim. Do any of you still like to just grind out the games over a full 82 season? I wish they would bring back shortened seasons. 24-32 games a season would be perfect. 

Edited by Rush17

8 hours ago, Rush17 said:

It seems a lot of franchise mode fans like to sim. Do any of you still like to just grind out the games over a full 82 season? I wish they would bring back shortened seasons. 24-32 games a season would be perfect. 

I do.  And I agree.

I play every single game (except exhibition).  I'm currently in my 4th season and I am going to finish it before I pick up NHL20.  I think they should have options on the season length (they used to).  While I think 24 is too short (you don't get to play every team) I would love to see 30, 42 and 54 game options.

Is there still an expansion option in there?  I guess maybe 30 games would need to be 32 games.

I also miss having the all-star game.

8 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Any word if they fixed the potential engine for franchise mode? i was seeing a lot of teams on YouTube with all 99 oa's on their team. 

I can see this being a nice new game but after spending $200 on the last two hear copies I have my reservations. I will hold out hope they continue to work on franchise mode. 

I always play every game including preseason. 10 minute periods, with goalie reaction settings maxed out to balance the scoring a bit. 

Edited by Chickenspear

On 9/5/2019 at 8:57 PM, goalie13 said:

A quick scan through that list revealed lots of former Canucks...

Adrian Aucoin

Andrew Alberts 
Andrew Cassels
Brendan Morrison
Bryan Allen
Cam Neely
Dana Murzyn
Dave Babych
Esa Tikkanen
Garry Valk
Garth Butcher
Gino Odjick
Greg Adams
Harold Snepts
Igor Larionov
Jim Dowd
Jiri Slegr
John Garrett
Jyrki Lumme
Kirk McLean
Markus Naslund
Mason Raymond
Mikael Samuelsson
Mike Sillinger
Richard Brodeur
Russ Courtnall 
Sami Salo
Sean Burke
Steve Staios
Taylor Pyatt
Tim Hunter
Tony Tanti
Trevor LInden
Willie Mitchell

I probably missed a bunch, and I ignored one.

No Steamer though :sadno:

16 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I haven't seen a lot of franchise modes that have been simmed past 2-3 years, so hard to tell. I would assume knowing EA they haven't changed it, they continue to add gimicky features to the gameplay. While they do work well and add to meaningful gameplay, I don't recall them addressing any of the core franchise gameplay mechanics that have been missing since previous gen.