The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 20 Thread

goalie13

15 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Same here. It's more entertaining for me that way. How are you liking it so far? It's been fun personally

I like it.  

I do admit that it's not a significant change from previous years but I am OK with that.  I'm fine with incremental change rather than full overhauls.  There are a few quirks in this version that bug me, but nothing that ruins it for me.

20200127_163315.thumb.jpg.93c505808de20529d54d036df44ecea2.jpg

This is what 20 amateur scouts with at least a B grade does for your franchise.  Sort by potential and draft any Elite(med) outside the top 5.  I can easily flip this pick for a top5 pick in the next draft.

20200123_193112.thumb.jpg.141fdbe982a4d6a737bd730b7d98ca53.jpg

These are what the gems look like, note the green triangle, red=bust.

I like creating myself as a 16yo and getting drafted to my franchise.  It's fun creating draft classes.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, goalie13 said:

I like it.  

I do admit that it's not a significant change from previous years but I am OK with that.  I'm fine with incremental change rather than full overhauls.  There are a few quirks in this version that bug me, but nothing that ruins it for me.

20 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Is nhl actually any good? Last one I got was nhl 2009 iirc. Once in a while I watch some YouTuber play nhl and it seems behind fifa, madden on first looks. I'm looking for a new game so considering nhl 20 just curious what u guys think

If you are going from 09 to 20, you will notice leaps and bounds of difference in gameplay/skating/hitting. For the guys who have played steadily for the last number of years, the changes are very subtle.

Every year has their glitches and issues. They took out hitting after the whistle which is brutal, that was one of the funnest parts of online.

I only ever play EASHL and that can get annoying. There is some sort of fair play algorithm that the game will handicap better players vs not-so-good players (We are all 1000+ Competitive Rating) where we will pepper the computer tendy with 30 shots, scoring 2 or 3, but the guys who may be 400-600 CR come in over the blue line, push up, and the puck goes in. We used to take pictures with our phones to show a 3-2 Loss with 10 more minutes time on attack to our opponents 5 shots and 3 goals. It can be laughable, but if you get past the super-human AI computers, players that constantly quit or hold on to the puck when their games aren't going their way....I suppose it can be enjoyable?

A couple of fun goals from last nights drop in session with my buddy Marty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:54 PM, EP Phone Home said:

I do play online with the world of Chel. I like to play club over drop in as there are some big time trolls that ruin the experience for most. Beware of the user Bolt-Upright that guy is the biggest troll of them all. Always plays in goal, it’s great to pad the stats whenever you play against him though. I play on PS4 so XBox players should be thankful they don’t ever have to deal with him.

I play on ps4 too. I have seen Bolt-Upright in games before. He has another account under the name Wired_Crazy. What's your club called? Who do you play with normally? Maybe we have played with or against each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 9:10 AM, Tre Mac said:

I started a sim franchise with Buffalo.  I love the find trade feature.  Noticed after two years I wont have any room to resign Risto and Dahlen so I had to trade Skinner and Okposo.  Then I got a trade offer for Josh Anderson for a 1st - so no hesitation I accepted but I forgot to check his stats.  He was a RFA not resigned and it was after Dec. 1st so I couldn't do anything with him lol.  Anywho Risto and Dahlen skyrocketed and are both 90's but each want $9.5mil/yr.  

This sounds good.

Game has dropped down to $30. I don't really play video games much any more but I'm kinda getting the itch to play a bit. Maybe a Franchise mode or play a legends tournament.

I guess asking whether the game is "worth it" is a little arbitrary, but those changes have me intrigued. I remember when I used to play NBA 2k they had that trade find feature and it was awesome.

Edit: I see they have coaches and stuff, can you turn that off? I turned off the 'fog of war' in the last game because it completely resets every year even if you already scouted guys. I don't have the time for that type of stuff. Just maintaining a good scouting staff is enough extra time to dedicate for me. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This sounds good.

Game has dropped down to $30. I don't really play video games much any more but I'm kinda getting the itch to play a bit. Maybe a Franchise mode or play a legends tournament.

I guess asking whether the game is "worth it" is a little arbitrary, but those changes have me intrigued. I remember when I used to play NBA 2k they had that trade find feature and it was awesome.

Edit: I see they have coaches and stuff, can you turn that off? I turned off the 'fog of war' in the last game because it completely resets every year even if you already scouted guys. I don't have the time for that type of stuff. Just maintaining a good scouting staff is enough extra time to dedicate for me. 

I'd say it's worth it, they added some nice features in franchise mode.  You cannot disable coaching but you can use the auto manage feature and the cpu will hire staff for you, coaching makes a big difference in this game.

I feel a little conflicted now. In my Quebec Remparts franchise mode I started last month I picked up Toffoli in the expansion draft lol. Why la didn't protect him I donno. Pending UFA perhaps.

He is my leading scorer through 3 games with 4 goals. He plays on my top line alongside Mikael Granlund and Pavel buchnevich. Fun facts lol. 

I find it weird having a new Canuck on my squad. I definitely like what he brings those to my club. I need to play more of my NHL 20 franchise mode so I enjoy his play lol. I've played one game in like a month lol. I played all the pre season games maybe why.

17 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I feel a little conflicted now. In my Quebec Remparts franchise mode I started last month I picked up Toffoli in the expansion draft lol. Why la didn't protect him I donno. Pending UFA perhaps.

He is my leading scorer through 3 games with 4 goals. He plays on my top line alongside Mikael Granlund and Pavel buchnevich. Fun facts lol. 

I find it weird having a new Canuck on my squad. I definitely like what he brings those to my club. I need to play more of my NHL 20 franchise mode so I enjoy his play lol. I've played one game in like a month lol. I played all the pre season games maybe why.

I don't play any games just sim everything.  I started a franchise with the Rangers - seems any FA will sign there no problem.  With the cap on I noticed some insane contracts - like Nick Richie getting a 4yr/$50mil deal.  I drafted a OFD in the 2nd round - 79 Elite(low) - he ends up getting an insane amount of points and at 84overall he wants $12mil/yr.  Crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tre Mac are you playing in your bathroom bro lol

Edit: you are playing in your bathroom

I just play dynasty and make the trades the Canucks make haha

Wasnt easy getting Toffoli and Domingue I had to trade next years 4th then it wouldn’t let me choose who to send down. They sent Demmer packing to the AHL then I had to send down Jordie Benn. So I could recall Demko. Pain in the ass

Edited by Devron44

17 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

@Tre Mac are you playing in your bathroom bro lol

Edit: you are playing in your bathroom

I just play dynasty and make the trades the Canucks make haha

Wasnt easy getting Toffoli and Domingue I had to trade next years 4th then it wouldn’t let me choose who to send down. They sent Demmer packing to the AHL then I had to send down Jordie Benn. So I could recall Demko. Pain in the ass

Hey I need something to do while I blaze and simming sports games fits the bill perfectly.  Honestly takes less than 5min to setup.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...