Sign in to follow this  
goalie13

NHL 20 Thread

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With the NHL season suspended, I might get back into playing this game after a few months.

Can you set it up with CPU vs CPU so you can watch a game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Can you set it up with CPU vs CPU so you can watch a game?

I believe you can, but I don't own this year's edition, so I can't guarantee it.

 

Also, has there been an update with the Corona virus in it? Maybe Suspend a Season will be a game mode for 2021 :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to create a bunch of people and get them all on the same team in franchise mode? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Is there a way to create a bunch of people and get them all on the same team in franchise mode? 

Yeah, create your players, then create your team, then assign created players to your custom team via player movement, or the create a player edit screen

 

Edit: your players will be found in the 'Free Agents' category in player movement.

Edited by Chickenspear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that you guys have had the game for a few months, what's the verdict? I need something to do. As tempting as it is to watch Arrested Development or The Office for a sixth time, I think I'd like to try something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Now that you guys have had the game for a few months, what's the verdict? I need something to do. As tempting as it is to watch Arrested Development or The Office for a sixth time, I think I'd like to try something else.

I like it.  But then, I've never had a single NHL Hockey edition I didn't like.  And I only play franchise, so I may not be the best person to rate the experience on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

I like it.  But then, I've never had a single NHL Hockey edition I didn't like.  And I only play franchise, so I may not be the best person to rate the experience on.

I play Franchise almost exclusively (haven't played in 2-3 years though) with the odd venture into Online Vs, 3's, etc. 90% Franchise Mode though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I play Franchise almost exclusively (haven't played in 2-3 years though) with the odd venture into Online Vs, 3's, etc. 90% Franchise Mode though.

Considering you can get it for as little as $25 (Best Buy) I would say it's low risk.  The expansion mode in franchise is worth it alone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When is this out for EA access? I cant find any date anywhere on google.

 

Some say March, some say April, some say May, and some say June

Edited by Brock Botanen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, Sean Monahan said:

Now that you guys have had the game for a few months, what's the verdict? I need something to do. As tempting as it is to watch Arrested Development or The Office for a sixth time, I think I'd like to try something else.

It's "ok". I've owned every single NHL game since they first started (save NHL 15 or 16). However, I find that it's great now, considering there's no real hockey. I've been jumping into CHEL for the first time. I exclusively play Franchise, but I thought "What the hell." People quitting mid game is excruciating, though. Effing quitters.

 

That said, seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development and The Office (up until Andy takes over) is pretty much the best thing. If I were you, if you haven't already done so, just watch Parks & Rec.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 
 

It’s all come home to roost now. He’s on this god dam game. F*** me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 
 

It’s all come home to roost now. He’s on this god dam game. F*** me. 

For many years, I've been simply turning the commentary off on this game because it got too annoying to hear them repeat the same lines over and over again.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Sean Monahan said:

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 
 

It’s all come home to roost now. He’s on this god dam game. F*** me. 

It's worse when Snoop Dogg shows up. It's the same lines over and over...

 

"He's the great one, I'm the greater one"

"Whaddup PK Subban?"

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the game for 25 dollars on sale. Would say that is all it's worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, goalie13 said:

Can you set it up with CPU vs CPU so you can watch a game?

You can but it's the worse sports game to watch, plus you got to unpause it every intermission.  The best game for this and i encourage everyone to buy is NBA2k - the game is incredible.  It's the best sports game on the market.  NBA2k > MLB:The Show > Madden > NHL.

 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Sean Monahan said:

I was so happy on the day that James Cybulski got taken off TV so I’d never have to watch another baseball highlight package and hear him yell “PEACEEEE” every time a home run was hit. 
 

It’s all come home to roost now. He’s on this god dam game. F*** me. 

To make it even worse it's like they pitch shifted his voice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge deal on the Playstation store, I like collecting cards and trading so I'm starting to like their HUT most

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 4:44 AM, smokes said:

Huge deal on the Playstation store, I like collecting cards and trading so I'm starting to like their HUT most

I just got PS like two weeks ago. I've been going nuts in their HUT mode. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.