The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 20 Thread

goalie13

6 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Nah, haven't been to any grizzlies games, kinda out of the way.

They're worth the trip.  Tickets are super affordable, the hockey is great.

Based on the size of their crowds the past few years, they are already Covid friendly.  

• Cheers 1

Bored

here’s my Demko backup. He’s my Skate Jersey alt goalie. Markstrom has regular Nucks colors.

i used the Preds mask. Which works for the Skate Jersey imo.

anywho i thought its a different Canuck EA 20 goalie look.

B579A237-3CA5-4BB6-BB1A-9AF42751A65D.jpeg

FFF39616-78C6-4D80-AE8F-BF9DD1B74310.jpeg

0FED63CC-9789-47D9-BC8D-07C447862BF4.jpeg

A3ECB663-E52C-45D7-ACB2-9C17401B1533.jpeg

• Cheers 1

Final (I think) player creation session, tried to get all the prospects from the 1st round of the 2019 draft that were missing. Also changed assigned teams to CHL/Euro for franchise mode draft (2019) eligibility including players I've previously created (including Podkolzin).

Beecher: 70 OA, Top 9 pot.

Spoiler

image.png.5cf95dca964dac5957129bb9d198a09e.png

Boldy: 73 OA, Top 6 Pot.

Spoiler

image.png.5a95530fdae59a7fdf3fcc3a735b4d6b.png

Caufield: 73 OA, Top 6 pot.

Spoiler

image.png.e3684b20ad4a85a27c207216bf226087.png

Johnson: 70 OA Top 4 D pot.

Spoiler

image.png.ee1cfd025db343215806d34bb67b4cb4.png

Knight: 68 OA, Elite pot.

Spoiler

image.png.bf4538de5ab040627a0af46c650f357b.png

@Rush17  Updated Newhook as well, per your advice: 73 OA.

Spoiler

image.png.a842d2bf76bbed39407ba3514a7b4241.png

NOW I can actually start franchise mode.

Edited by Chickenspear

3 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Final (I think) player creation session, tried to get all the prospects from the 1st round of the 2019 draft that were missing. Also changed assigned teams to CHL/Euro for franchise mode draft (2019) eligibility including players I've previously created (including Podkolzin).

Beecher: 70 OA, Top 9 pot.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5cf95dca964dac5957129bb9d198a09e.png

Boldy: 73 OA, Top 6 Pot.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5a95530fdae59a7fdf3fcc3a735b4d6b.png

Caufield: 73 OA, Top 6 pot.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e3684b20ad4a85a27c207216bf226087.png

Johnson: 70 OA Top 4 D pot.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ee1cfd025db343215806d34bb67b4cb4.png

Knight: 68 OA, Elite pot.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.bf4538de5ab040627a0af46c650f357b.png

@Rush17  Updated Newhook as well, per your advice: 73 OA.

Hide contents

image.png.a842d2bf76bbed39407ba3514a7b4241.png

NOW I can actually start franchise mode.

I would make Newhook faster and have better puck skills lol.

He's like an 87-88 OA skater and has amazing puck skills and passing. probably put those around 84. Rest looks good. 

I have to ask.  I am about 55 games into my play along nhl 20 season.  Thomas Chabot is due for his first raise out of ELC. His first ask at the start of the year was 8.4M per year for 4 years. I figured maybe his ask would come down in the off-season. He leads the league in hits but only has 29 pts in 48 games played but...  he is asking now for 10.5M x 4 years and if I want to sign him to 6 years its 12M or 8 years its 13M per season!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with Thomas Chabot lol. Do you guys have any suggestions for getting his cap hit lower? or is the best option to trade him? I am hella confused and he isn't worth nearly what he's asking for lol. Rasmus Andersson is asking for 4.5M x 3 and a 78 oa Julius Honka wants 4.8M over 4 years. I paid Honka even tho his oa doesn't fit the pay. I figured tho his skating and offensive instincts are fun to play with and he's got good agility. Maybe he can grow into that contract.

Rasmus is probably worth it even tho he is an 80 oa still but Thomas Freaking Chabot???? What the hell is this kid smoking. I offered him 8.5 x 6m when his asking price was 8.8 he obviously said no lol. So to stick it too him with his 13m dollar request over 8 years i low-balled him at 8.5M LOL. 

Please let me know if you have any tips or tricks for helping resolve this situation. The kid is out of his freaking mind. 

Edited by Rush17

So the Columbus Blue Jackets in my franchise mode.. made PL Dubois available. I have been losing most of my games I think I was 15-40? Tired of losing I decided to see what it would cost to land PLD to speed up my rebuild so I can make a playoff push next season. 

I acquired PLD by moving out Sarich (Elite C Pick 33 in 2019), Rasmus Andersson, A goalie prospect with starter potential, a top 4 D prospect, and a 2020 2nd round pick.

Followed by moving CBJ's 2nd (highest valued 2nd round pick) I had for Reilly Smith since they are still selling from earlier in this season.

UPDATE SENS LINES

B. Tkachuk - Dubois - White

R. Smith - Rasmussen - Jarnkrok

Rask - Eakin - Simmonds

Clifford - Batherson - Brown

Chabot - Girard

Moore - Honka

Harpour - LaDue

DeSmith

Hutton

IR: Panarin

So we definitely made some improvements. Since the last update we also moved out of Patches to DET for Rasmussen. Patches dominated me the next time i played against him. It was a line of Patches, Anntheasu, and Zadina I think and my god they just destroyed me for like 4 goals lol. I am loving the changes made though since adding Dubois and Reilly Smith. I am not getting completely caved in anymore lol. Chabot still wants 9-10m a season so I will have to figure that out. Honka is tearing it up producing points for us. I remembered when I ran a franchise mode back in the day having a #1 C was the key to my success. I had Datsyuk on one of my old teams - we won back to back cups then I traded him to another contender. Then I met them in the finals and lost to Datsyuk lol. So I traded back for him and won the following year so 3 cups in 4 years with Datsyuk winning all 4 lol. 

I wanted to give myself that chance and seeing Dubois as an 88OA at 22  made a ton of sense for where I was headed. Plus he plays a strong 2 way game and is physical. The exact style of play I like to encourage.  This season is toast but with Panarin coming back and hopefully some of our D coming up next year - maybe we can make a push next year. I would like to add a defender like Letang but the ask is way to high. I still have my OTT 1st which is 1st or 2nd best odds at #1 OA and the SJS 1st which is looking to be a mid first rounder. There is a crazy good finnish forward  projected to go #2 OA. I am templated to package up a couple of seconds to climb back up if i lose the lotto to snag the kid. There are also some good D prospects slated to go at the end of the first - early second that I am going to try and snag.  

The third best prospect in the 2020 draft is a RHD ( which i need) but it says he's a defensive D so I would rather take the large forward with high elite talent. Is there a way to figure out who the better elite prospect is? by looking at other factors. I know you can look up current puck skills, shooting etc. Is there other factors that I should look up to find who the best stud is in the top 10. There is like 8-9 elite players at the top of this class lol. oh btw that 3rd line is dominant. Best 3rd line I have never assembled jesus lol. They destroy. fast, hard checking, good faceoffs.. physical. can score to boot. dang i love that third line lol.

Update :

Moved varly for Carter Hutton and a 2021 1st. Buffalo is near top of the division somehow. Gave them a better tender. Varly had a sub 900sv% here in Ottawa. 

Currently sit last in the league down 4 points back of Edmonton. 4 games to go - tried to take out the aves on the playoff bubble but lost a third period lead. Play CGY next in back to back who are tied with Colorado on the playoff bubble. We are hoping to play spoiler! 

Chabots ask came down to 8.5 x 7 which I sent in to him for review. Hoping he signs for that aav. Have a top 5 pick for sure and a top 15. Might package a couple 2nds up with 15 to get into the top 5 if I am able. There are 3 really nice prospects ranked 2,3,4 I am hoping I can get two in that range albeit it unlikely. Might try and overpay. May also target a lhd who can solidify my top 4. Vegas was shopping Schmidt and McNabb at the tdl. I might try and snag one of them. 

Edited by Rush17

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa Senators 2017-18 Goal Horn - YouTube

2019-20 Ottawa Senators - Postseason Update

Colin White - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Artemi Panarin

Riley Smith - Michael Rasmussen - Calle Jarnkrok

Brady Tkachuk -  Victor Rask - Wayne Simmonds

Kyle Clifford - Cody Eakin - J.T. Brown

Thomas Chabot - Dan Girard

John Moore - Julius Honka

Ben Harpur - Paul Ladue

Carter Hutton

Casey DeSmith

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The team came out of the gates with the help of free agent signing Artemi Panarin. Panarin lead the NHL in goals prior to receiving a season ending concussion that took him out of action after 38 NHL games played. Colin White stepped up big for the Sens and finished the season as the teams top offensive contributor. Thomas Chabot lead the backend along with mid season add Julius Honka who was a staple on the teams 2nd D pair. The team opted to sell a few assets at the TDL namely Semyon Varlamov the teams underperforming starter. Varly had a 0.850 SV% in Ottawa, shortly after the trade he skyrocketed up to a 0.932 SV% with the Sabres who were 2nd in their division. Carter Hutton and Casey DeSmith split the remaining games as the team battled through several key injuries. The Sens finished last in the league sporting a 24-51-7 Record well going 2-7-1 down the stretch. 

The Sens went into the draft lottery with the best odds and came out with the 2nd Overall Pick in the 2020 Draft. Management has been keenly eyeing the projected #2 prospect in this years draft - so this was obviously a godsend. The teams youth in Belleville pushed a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Final of the AHL before bowing out in a 1-0 shutout loss. The teams rookie goaltending duo was dynamic with Filip Gustavsson leading the way. He was backed up by 18 year old Marcus Hornquist who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2019 Draft. 

Filip Gustavsson 38 W, 15 L, 6 OTL - 0.925 SV%, 2.03 GAA in 59 GP.

Marcus Hornquist 14 Wins, 7 L,  2 OTL -  0.921 SV%, 2.13 GAA in 24 GP.

Top 7 Forwards in NHL

Colin White - 33 Goals, 34 Assists, 67 Points in 82 Games (-47)

Pierre Luc Dubois - 23 Goals, 41 Assists, 64 Points in 82 Games (-12)

Artemi Panarin - 38 Goals, 15 Assists, 53 Points in 38 Games (-7)

Riley Smith - 21 Goals, 26 Assists 47 Points in 81 Games (-5)

Wayne Simmonds - 29 Goals, 17 Assists, 46 POints in 66 Games (-17)

Drake Batherson - 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 Points in 0 Games (0)

Brady Tkachuk - 13 Goals, 26 Assists, 39 Points in 75 Games (-34)

Michael Rasmussen - 5 Goals, 32 Assists, 37 Points in 54 Games. (-8)

Top 3 Defence in NHL

Thomas Chabot - 9 Goals, 32 Assists, 41 Points in 79 Games (-38)

John Moore - 4 Goals, 30 Assists, 34 Points in 82 Games (+6)

Julius Honka - 7 Goals, 26 Assists, 33 Points in 78 Games (-16)

Top 2 Goaltenders in NHL

Carter Hutton - 32 Wins, 18 L, 6 OTL - .910 SV%, 2.79 GAA in 59 GP

DeSmith - 12 Wins, 20 L, 2 OTL, 0.859 SV%, 4.26 GAA in 37 GP.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rookie AHL Campaigns

Goalies

Filip Gustavsson 38 W, 15 L, 6 OTL - 0.925 SV%, 2.03 GAA in 59 GP.

Marcus Hornquist 14 Wins, 7 L,  2 OTL -  0.921 SV%, 2.13 GAA in 24 GP.

Defenseman

Erik Brannstrom - 7 Goals, 27 Assists, 34 Points in 63 Games (+11)

Victor Soderstrom - 3 Goals, 13 Assists, 16 Points in 70 Games (+1)

Villie Heinola - 2 Goals, 9 Assists, 11 Points in 57 Games (+6)

L. Camper - 0 Goals, 3 Assists, 3 Points in 25 Games (0)

I don't seem to have my AHL forwards up to date will have to update that when I have it. We head into the draft in 3 days with the 2nd and 13th Overall picks along with 2 Second Rounders and several later picks. We are going to see if we can move up to pick 3 if the other team has any interest in sliding back. There is an elite shutdown RHD in the ilk of Chris Chelios who has great offensive instincts we'd love to snag.  I have a feeling we may have to offer up a 2nd in this years draft and that first we got for Varlamov to even be in the conversation. We are debating the future of Brady Tkachuk here in Ottawa. He played very well with White and Panarin prior to our cap Panarin falling to injury. But if we go with the 2nd OA rated player "Mikko Vallin" a LWer out of Finland who is a TWF that protects the puck well and has a large frame.. Do we need Brady, Rasmussen who we love and Mikko? Our scouts have have been drooling on Vallin all year so I can't see us passing up on arguably the most ready prospect in the draft. 

2nd OA Rated: Mikko Vallin - LW -TWF - MED Elite Potential

Shooting A, Puck Skills A-, Senses B, Skating B, Physical B, Defense B.

Strengths: Pro Release, Puck Protection, Offensive creativity

NHL Comparison: Markus Naslund -  ETA: 1 Year Out

6'2" - 201 LBS - Age 18

3rd OA Rated: Eino Laakkonen - RD -DFD - MED Elite Potential

Shooting B-, Puck Skills C, Senses B-, Skating C, Physical B, Defence  C

Strengths: Balance, Strength, Offensive Instincts

NHL Comparison: Chris Chelios - ETA 2 Years Out

Body Type: 6'1" - 199 LBS - Age 18 (Weakness shot utilization)

4th OA Rated: Matt Konowalchuk - RW - SCR - MED Elite Potential

Shooting A-, Puck Skills B, Senses B, Skating B-, Physical B-, Defence B-

Strengths: Goal Scoring, Pro Release, Offensive Instincts.

NHL Comparison: Theo Fleury - ETA 2 Years Out

Body Type: 6'0" - 194 LBS - Age 18

We also have a potential late 1st, early 2nd potential steal available 

28th OA Rated: Tuukka Alavaara - RD - DFD - LOW Elite Potential

Shooting B-, Puck Skills C, Senses C, Skating C-, Physical B-, Defence C-

Strengths: Balance, Strength, Defensive Zone Play

Weaknesses: Shot Utilization, Quickness, Acceleration

NHL Comparison: Mike Gartner - ETA 3 Years Out

Body Type: 6'2" - 205 LBS - Age 18

I am curious who you guys think I should target in the draft and should I try and move up to pick 3 or 4 to snag one of these other guys? I have a lot of 2 way forwards already but the puck protection, size, and release of Mikko have me wanting him bad. Tell me what you think. We have 2 First Round Picks in 2021 and 5 Second Round Picks. We are going to try and identify a legit starter who will better fit our systems. We will also be exploring the coaching and D market to see if we can get some upgrades on that LHD pair 2 role.  Our Coaching Chemistry is at 30%. I replaced both the associate and assist coaches but the head coach has zero morale in the team performance category. Personally i'd like to replace him but I am waiting for a suitable replacement and none have hit the market. My Assist Coach has a high "influence rate an A-" We will be loading up to compete for next season. Fingers crossed we can escape the basement lol. 

I know people probably don't read these but I enjoy putting them out there cuz its fun. B)

2020 Ottawa Senators - Post Draft Update

We made a splash on draft day packaging up the 13th OA Pick along with Buffalo's 1st in 2021, and John Moore for the 3rd Overall Selection in the 2020 Entry Draft via Edmonton. The Oilers then traded back further from 13 in a deal with Seattle collecting more assets. We also moved pick 32, pick 59, and a goalie prospect for 28th OA.

2nd Overall: Mikko Vallin (73 OA Med Elite LW)

3rd Overall: Eino Laakonen (67 OA Med Elite RD)

28th Overall: Tuukka Alavaara (63 OA Low Elite RD)

33rd Overall: Don Baumgartner (61 OA Top 4 LD Gem)

65th Overall: Sergei Frolov (59 OA Med Elite G)

89th Overall: Jan Mysak (57 OA Low Top 6 F)

107th Overall: Mason Ricci (47 OA High Backup G)

120th Overall: Tiny Kahn (58 OA Low top 6 F)

143th Overall: Dean Mcelhinney (54 OA Med Bottom 6 F)

224th Overall: Wilson Komisarek (55 OA High 7th D)

Mikko Vallin and Eino Laakonen have been offered ELC's. We will see where they are at come training camp. Tuukka Alavaara may be ready for AHL minutes after a strong off-season. We will reassess where he is at closer to training camp. We moved out Carter Hutton, Cody Eakin, and Matt Martin for Anton Khudobin and some picks. Did the whole find trade thing and got offered Anton Khudobin and a 4th for Eakin. Wanted to find a legit #1 tender - may explore free agency and move DeSmith. Was taking a long look at Crawford - feel his age works perfectly with our young kids timeline. Our coach is due for a contract extension and no replacements have become available. Offered him a 1 year extension when he wanted 4. He has only 52% fit with our team currently - I'd like to replace him but I don't want to enter the off-season without a coach. Chabot is asking for 8.7 x 8 but has turned it down from me. He wants to see what free agency might offer him.. I am debating whether to hold out on him or move him for someone like Theodore. VGK is rebuilding in this game mode so I could see them as a realistic fit. I only saw one gem in the entire 2020 class which was baumgartner, I am curious to see how the gems work in NHL 20. We definitely took a risk moving Buffalo's pick unprotected but our goal is win asap. Anywho that is the latest update!

Edited by Rush17

2020-21 Ottawa Senators - Pre-Season Update

The off-season was very productive for the Senators. The team made some significant changes to the roster and coaching staff. Following the 2020 NHL Draft the team went into the signing phase unable to get Thomas Chabot to agree to an extension. July 1st came along after countless declined offers.. we noticed he was in talks with other clubs. So we opted to pull the trigger and send him packing for a wealth of assets from the selling Vegas Golden Knights. Here is the trade!

To VGK:

Thomas Chabot

2021 2nd NYI

2022 3rd VGK

2021 4th BUF

To OTT:

Shea Theodore

Cody Glass

Braydon McNabb

Spoiler

Chabot became a 90 OA to start the 2020-21 season, Theodore is 83, McNabb is 82, and Glass is 82 with a high top 6 potential. Definitely feel like we may have lost this one - our best hope is Theodore can grow at age 25 and Glass becomes a solid #2 behind Dubois. Perhaps even one day surpassing him.

After the trade of Thomas Chabot to VGK we headed into free agency with 23M in salary. We later moved out Wayne Simmonds and his 5.25M contract for a 2 later picks and a few extra pieces like Matt Martin, J.T. Brown, and Carter Hutton.

We signed:

Joe Pavelski (1 year - 8.35M)

Mike Green (1 year - 8.35M)

Niklas Kronwall (2 year - 3.85M)

Jimmy Howard (1 year - 3.55M)

Justin Braun (2 years - 3.25M)

Anton Khudobin (2 years - 2.75M)

Cedric Paquette (2 years - under 2M)
Zack Kassian (1 year - under 2M)

Some seismic changes to the roster for sure. We no longer have a dominate stud on D in Chabot but we feel far more balanced back on the end.  Our forward group is deeper than ever. Howard and Khudobin appear to be holding their own well too. It looks like some of our prospects may have regressed or stalled out. Including Starter potential Gustavsson. We did play him out of his role as a AHL #1 instead of a backup as his role suggested. He played admirably but his growth was definitely impacted. Same with Erik Brannstrom and Villie Heinola who saw time outside their suggested roles. Soderstrom played in his role most of the season though and showed some good progression. 

After 2 pre-season games our team was down 0-2 and looked terrible. So we opted to pull the plug and replace the head coach a thing we had been considering doing down the stretch last season. We assigned our assistant coach the interim tag and went searching for a new coach. During that time the team destroyed the Boston Bruins the defending champs 8-2.  The new coach accepted our offer then we went on to beat Tampa 5-3 with an empty netter giving us some separation.  Note this is only pre-season. :D We are now 2-2 in the pre-season with 3? games to go I believe. New Coach is a B overall but A in teaching and other good areas. Old coach was an A- but the team did terrible under him.

Ottawa Senators Ticket Hub - Canadian Tire Centre

OTTAWA SENATORS 2020-21 Lines

Reilly Smith (83) - Pierre-Luc Dubois (90) -  Artemi Panarin (89)

Brady Tkachuk (84) - Joe Pavelski (86) - Colin White (84)

Michael Rasmussen (81) - Drake Batherson (80) - Cody Glass (82)

Kyle Clifford (78) - Cedric Paquette (78) - Calle Jarnkrok (80)

Shea Theodore (83) - Mike Green (86)

Niklas Kronwall (81) - Julius Honka (81)

Brayden McNabb (82) - Justin Braun (81)

Jimmy Howard (84)

Anton Khudobin (82)

Scratches: Zack Kassian (81), Victor Rask (79), Sebastian Aho - D(78)

Belleville Senators - Wikipedia

Mikko Vallin (74) - Sheldon Dries (76) -  Rudolfs Balcers (76)

Alex Formenton (78) - Nick Paul (74) - Cory Conacher (75)

Mike Klimchuk (75) - Jake Studnicka (72) - Toby Reider (78)

Max Lajoie (78) - Ben Harper (78)

C Jaros (77) - Paul Ladue (78)

Erik Brannstrom (72) - Victor Soderstrom (74)

Gustvasson (72)

Hornquist (66)

Would it be wise to move Vallin down the line up? I have +3 on both my top 2 lines and Vallin's role is "scoring AHL forward". So I assumed that means top 6 AHL? My other top prospect is a 67 who I signed thinking he would progress before the season started. No dice there. I think i can place him on the 3rd pairing or be the fill in guy and see some growth. Does that sound right?

Edited by Rush17

Kicked out early extension offers to the kids:

Brady Tkachuk

4 years x 4.3M

Drake Batherson

6 years x 3.25M

Cody Glass

7 years x 5.85M

May have 1-2 turned down but we shall see. Brady has excelled this pre-season alongside Joe Pavelski and Colin White. White has 1 year left and is asking for 3 years x 7M per. I guess a 33 goal rookie season has him feeling elevated lol. When we lost Panarin he was the only guy consistently potting points. Brady's offer is fair his ask. Drake wanted 3 years at 2.5M I bumped the offer up to more term and his AAV didn't skyrocket. So we took that as a sign he wants to be here. We will take care of him next contract. Cody we paid more now for an unproven player but we believe it s going to turn into a good contract. Michael Rasmussen is also due next summer but he is asking  4.1M x 2 which seems unrealistic for his current spot. We will re-evaluate later in the season. Good chance we may need to one 1-2 of these forwards out to replace MIke Green this summer if/when he departs. 

• Like 1

Ended up playing some 3s Eliminator lastnight and ended up with the best 2 randoms ever. We played with surprisingly good chemistry (no mics) on our way to a 9-0 record and 3 championships. Usually I get frustrated playing with randoms but not last night :emot-parrot:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa Senators Ticket Hub - Canadian Tire Centre

Michael Rasmussen (81) - Jack Eichel (90) - Elias Lindholm (86)
 Brady Tkachuk (84) - Cody Glass (82) - Joe Pavelski (86)
Victor Rask (78) -  Drake Batherson (81) - Calle Jarnkrok (80)
Zack Kassian (81)  - Cedric Paquette (78) - Austin Czarnik (78)

Brady Skjei (86)  - Shea Theodore (83)
Brayden McNabb (82) - Mike Green (85)
Sebastian Aho (78)  - Julius Honka (81)

Henrik Lundqvist (86)
Anton Khudobin (82)

on the fringe: Alex Fomentation (78), Toby Reider (78), Sheldon Dries (76).

TRADES

Spoiler

OTT/NYR

Panarin, Kronwall, Gustavsson in exchange for Skjei, Lundqvist, and Wiesblatt.

OTT/BUF

Dubois, Prospect in exchange for Jack Eichel.

OTT/CGY

White, R. Smith, Lajoie, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd in exchange for Lindholm.

White was our team point leader with 63 points last season. He also won the Calder and had 30 goals. Hurt to move him but we have a lot of 2-way forwards and needed a legitimate goal-scoring threat to play alongside Eichel. Panarin lacked the complete game so we moved him to improve our D core and fix our goaltending situation. Dubois was great a higher OA then Eichel and younger.. but. I am a righty and have a hard time dangling with a left-handed player. I figured the top line should be 2 quality righties lol.

THE DETAILS

Spoiler

Started the season 1-7-0, have clawed back to 3-8-0. Brought on Joe Pavelski and MIke Green for a playoff run. We made arrangements if we are not firmly in a playoff spot come the trade deadline we would discuss with them moves to top legitimate contenders. We will honour that if required but our goal remains to make the playoffs. We have been actively trying to pull Ekblad out of FLA but have been unsuccessful.

We have 2 stud RHD in the system in Soderstrom (8 OA in 2019) and Laakonen (3 OA in 2020) its just a matter of waiting. I have tried to package Soderstrom with an elite goalie prospect, a 1st, 2nd, and a forward like Rasmussen but FLA has no interest at this time. We will keep an eye on their teams play and if they dip maybe we can entice them. We even offered Theodore as part of a 5 piece package but they seem set on keeping Ekblad unless we seriously overpay. We have offered our 2022 1st but will not be offering this years pick (2021) since we are struggling mightily.

We may need 1 more top end piece before we are truly ready. Vallin (2 OA in 2020) is settling in well in Belleville. He got hurt 3 games ago but we are optimistic he will be back in the next week or two. He was riding a 5 game point streak after only 1 point in his first 5 games. 

Update: 19 Game Mark (7-11-1)

Moved out Rasmussen for Peyton Krebs. Needed a bottom six winger who had good puck control that could chip in a tiny bit of offence. Alex Formenton has all but saved our season lol. He got the call up due to injury and lite the league on fire with 4 goals and 2 assists in his first contest alongside Joe Pavelski and Elias Lindholm. He got called up when Eichel started to experience back spasms. We currently have Brady and Skjei out with concussions as well as top prospect Mikko Vallin who re-injured his abdominal muscles. I guess the key is don't put them into the lineup until fully healthy lol.

Lines when healthy now are:

Formenton - Eichel - Lindholm

Brady - Pavelski - Glass

Krebs - Jarnkrok - Batherson

Clifford - Paquette - Kassian

Theodore - Green

Skjei - Honka

McNabb - Braun

King Hank

Kubodbin

Parsons

We moved Theodore back to the top pair and have reaped the rewards since. We hope he can grow into that elite transition D. Parsons we picked up in our deal for Lindholm. He is our 3rd goalie up with the club. We gave him his first start last game and he looked phenomenal. We are going to pick and choose starts for him. If he continues to impress we may give him the backup role. In all likelihood tho we move him down to the A to replace Poulin. We have our stud D prospect Hornquist also in the A he has a .954 sv% in 4 games. Our AHL club is 14-5-0. our AHL club is 10-1-0 in their last 11 games.

We might actually have an outside chance at the playoffs. We outshot the leafs 39-28 two games ago  - we could not solve Anderson until late in the 3rd. Brady got a PPG followed by a great individual effort in his next shift where he went to the net from the side boards and roofed it. Eichel managed to tie it forcing OT but we after a few close calls in OT we lost it in the shootout. Depth may be our biggest problem moving forward tho.

Aside from the key guys with the big club we don't have a lot of NHL ready guys to step in. I will look to add more depth in the coming days. Oh and LAK claimed Victor Rask (78 OA) and his 4M contract off waivers lol. Sad but happy moment. Rask has been a big leader on the team but shedding that salary without paying an asset is a real blessing for our club. Lots to do - Not sure if I want to remove Poulin after the clubs played so well in front of him. May rock a 3 goalie tandem for a bit to see where Parsens is at. He is only a 73 OA which concerns me. He may end up being trade bait but if he can help bridge the gap to our youth that would be fantastic. Gustavsson whom we traded to NYI in the Skjei/Panarin deal has a .953 SV% in the NHL in 3 games played. He is also a 73 OA. Just an interesting side note for a guy we traded. 

Edited by Rush17

We managed to catch up in terms of going .500 by clawing back to a 12-12-1 record unfortunately injuries struck to Julius Honka our main PMD, Mike Green, and Brady Tkachuk. We then lost the next 7 games. We now sit 15-20-3. Out of frustration with our lack of scoring we made a trade with Toronto to add some more elite skill and speed. We packaged Elias Lindholm, Cameron Camper (low elite D), and a 2nd to acquire William Nylander. Our goal this entire season was to make the playoffs. Our veterans were showing signs of frustration and we couldn't break the rut. So we fulfilled our promise to them and traded them to contenders. Pavelski moved to Buffalo for 2 x 2nds in 2021, McNabb, 3rd, 4th got moved to Vancouver for Juolevi, Green got moved out to Columbus for Savard (pending UFA) and a pick. Then Lundqvist got moved to San Jose for an underperforming and unwanted Kevin Leblanc and Halak.

Our lines now look:

Formenton - Eichel - Nylander

Tkachuk - Glass - Leblanc

Kassian - Batherson -Jarnkrok

Krebs - Paquette - Baptise

Skjei - Honka

Theodore - Savard

Juolevi - Myers (PHI D)

Kubobin

Halak

Our team is significantly weaker but younger. Juolevi had been passed on the depth chart by three 3 LHD recently drafted and he is sitting at a 76 OA as a 22 year old. Sucked losing McNabb but Juolevi's skating and style of play better fits our club. We have put Jarnkrok on the block to see if there are any bites. He is "unliked" by the coach in the coach scheme fit thingy lol. So is Honka but I can't replace him over night so will see where that goes. Just trying to up his overall team fit. He currently sits at 63%. Myers, Jarnkrok, and Honka are the big 3 that are unliked by the coach.

• 3 weeks later...