Sign in to follow this  
goalie13

NHL 20 Thread

I pulled a Stamkos(untradeable) out of a 2 gold player pack. Also got untradeable Tavares/Bergeron/Burns in free/earned packs. Some good luck so far. Have a half a dozen gold collectables from using gold players during this event. 

They've made HUT more play to win since 20. The Squads and rivals make it easy to get good packs/coins. They also introduced HUT rush which adds to this. Caters to both offline and online players. Pre-20 HUT was a gong show that benefitted players who paid more so. 

My best HUT/Online Versus tip is don't rage quit and play till finish. Even if you're outclassed try to adapt. It'll make you a better player in the long run. Also you lose out on coins/rank when you quit.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:30 AM, Rush17 said:

Josh Niedermayer is slated as the number #1 pick by my scouts and central scouting. However a LHD who is also projected as Elite is my scouts recommended pick. 

i plan on taking Josh for his name. I think having a Niedermayer will invigorate our fan base. I was just wondering though if my scouts have him listed at 2 but they think he's a gem or their preference.

does that mean he's the superior player?

i feel very fortunate to have moved up in the draft lottery. This is the first time I have ever had the opportunity to pick 1st overall in any franchise mode I have done. I am excited for what this pick represents and means to our fanbase.

Update: funny thing on the Josh Niedermayer 1st overall prospect lool. Joshua Niedermayer is Scott's son. He is 15 years old and is a LHD. The simulated version is named Josh but he's a RHD and is eligible in 2020. Lol. I'm going to pretend his scotts kid for the fun of it lol.

6-niedermayer,-joshua-(23).jpg

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/505291/joshua-niedermayer

So I recently returned to my Quebec Remparts series in NHL 20. The sens one I was working out felt to much like a grind. I took a step back from the Quebec one because I was dominating to hard lol. I must say winning is more enjoyable then losing. I am working on playing a more structured game which should improve my tenders numbers but will also limit my offensive numbers. Prior to my last pause I traded Mikael Granlund (85 OA) and a bunch of quality prospects/ roster pieces for Kirby Dach and Gio. Granlund was on a tear playing with Pavel Buchnevich and Tyler Toffoli (this being before Tyler got traded to van :D lol). But Pavel got hurt and Mikael's cap hit was high due to getting him in free agency. So I swung a deal for a large right handed shot C in Dach. Which is perfect because I am a righty and find it easier to play with a right handed center on my top line. Pavel is still out unfortunately but the team looks pretty solid.

Jordan Eberle - Kirby Dach - Josh Anderson

Andrew Coop - Adam Lowry - Tyler Toffoli

Anthony Cirelli - Adam Henrique - Kasperi Kapanen

Milan Lucic - Sean Kuraly - Andrew Shaw

Mark Giordano - Josh Niedermayer

Hampus Lindholm - Brett Pesce

Brett Kulak - Brent Seabrook

Henrik Lundqvist

Thomas Greiss

Top prospects:

Nic Beaudin

Michael DiPietro

Not much else other than top 9 forwards.

Quebec 1st (last in league) & Winnipeg 1st (top 15)

Edited by Rush17

^ I love my 2nd line. Has size, grit, physicality and skill. Fantastic for dominating most 2nd lines and can pot in some regular points. Gio is a great partner for Josh but I feel his production is dipping a bit after moving him up to the top line. I may opt to slide him back - Pavel Buchnevich will be back in about a months time. He played 1 game with Dach and Andersson before getting hurt. He had 7 points in that game lol. Not sure how I'll adjust the lineup in his eventual return.  Maybe Cirelli will drop down to make room for Eberle. Henrique will eventually be moved but its nice having him as our 3 C heading into the playoffs. He is fantastic in that role. Lowry can play 3C but I find we control play better with him on that 2nd line. That Copp, Lowry, and Toff line is fantastic at shutting things down and creating odd man chances. I may consider packaging Lindholm and Beaudin to acquire the rights of Sergachev but will see. I could use a future replacement for Gio. All things to consider.

In the playoffs vs Tampa in Round 1. We are seed #1 Tampa is seed #8 as they didn't qualify Sergachev.

Their top D pair of Hedman Mcdonagh is destroying the offensive production of my top line. Only 1 goal in 2 games thus far. Our newly formed second line though is doing quite well.

Eberle . Cirelli . Anderson

Cirelli has 7 points in 2 games and Anderson 6. The next closest is Eberle with 3 points. That duo has done work to Tampa's depleted  blueline. They have an 80 OA defence so its hurting them there. First game was a barn burner 7-4 win the second game was a 3-3 tie with 34 seconds left in the third when we got a penalty. our pk has been terrible so I assumed the worse. OT started and Cirelli was out there with Kuraly on the PK. Kuraly dished a beauty pass on a 2 on 1 on the PK and Cirelli buried it top shelf across the grain.