The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - VAN/NSH

I am not sold on this deal, but thought it would be a decent conversation topic.

To VAN:

P.K Subban 

To NSH:

Tanev or Virt

Sutter

Goldobin

2nd Rnd or Lind or Gadjovich

Getting a guy like Subban on our D would be a big splash. It is pricey for a couple of years but he is good on the ice and in the community. I also feel he would be a great role model for our younger guys. He has no NMC or NTC, as NSH chose not to honour that when they acquired him from the Habs. 

Not sure Tanev goes to get it done as NSH probably wants forwards. 

If Nashville is in fact shopping him, I think GMJB should make the call. 

Thoughts? 

Nashville is not interested in futures or prospects who are still struggling with consistency.  They already have their own prospects coming.

Poile believes that Fiala could be better than Granlund but he is not yet there and that's why he traded him for the more proven Granlund. Fiala was drafted in 2014.  Goldobin is not their type of player and Virtanen is redundant.

Tanev is not their kind of D.  In Nashville they defend by keeping the puck in the offensive zone - they demand Ds who are able to cycle the puck and generate offence.  That's not Tanev.    He's also a UFA in 1 year.  

They don't need Sutter when they already have Bonino, Sissons and Jarnkrok.  They have an excess of defensive players and need more scoring after their 1st line.

If Subban gets moved it's for an equally impactful player that can play top-6 and not a quantity deal.  

• Upvote 1