Canucks Community

Alexandre Burrows to be inducted into the Ring of Honour

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats the point.  

I get this, I just don’t agree in principle with a circus act like Burrows’ antics being something linked with the word, but I get the need to bond it with the fans - in that ring. 

KB was popular.

Kes was popular.

Eddy Lack was popular. 

Ohlund and his kind were popular for how they played the game, which I know Burr fought hard for the sweater too, but Burr helped ruin this franchises legacy with acting like he did here, unlike those other guys in the Ring. 

IMO, placing Burr up there is a departure from the standard. I get it, I do, I just don’t agree. 

Behaviours demonstrate Culture. 

Burrows’ behaviour was scandalous at best.

I never identified with Burrows like I did the other members of the Ring. 

The Ring can and does mean different things to different fans. 

I said my part and won’t soil the celly-vibe for fellow fans in the thread. Enjoy your party. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

I get this, I just don’t agree in principle with a circus act like Burrows’ Antics being something liked with the word, but I get the need to bond it with the fans in that ring. 

KB was popular.

Kes was popular.

Eddy Lack was popular. 

Ohlund and his kind were popular for how they played the game, which I know Burr fought hard for the sweater too, but Burr helped ruin this franchises legacy with acting like he did here, unlike what those guys in the Ring. 

IMO, placing Burr up there is a departure from the standard. I get it, I do, I just don’t agree. 

Behaviours demonstrate Culture. 

Burrows’ behaviour was scandalous at best.

I never identified with Burrows like I did the other members of the Ring. 

The Ring can and does mean different things to different fans. 

I said my part and win’t soil the celly-vibe for fellow fans in the thread. 

all fair enough. I did like tho that when teams took things too far with us, someone was going to get a stick in the ribs. I guess I'm old school that way. 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:31 PM, King Heffy said:

Well deserved recognition.  He was the heart and soul of the team during his prime and gave it his all no matter what role he was given, without a word of complaint.

It's CDC tradition to bring back the minus for Burr's milestones... Just saying.

canucks should bring auger and make burrows give him a stunner