The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

At 12’8”?

I’m thinking 510 lbs would be severely underweight at that height. Emaciatedly thin, and decidedly not thicc.

Keeping proportions, you would need to cube the increase in height, to figure out weight. 

So, let’s say an average 6’4” guy weighs around 200 lbs.

Double his height and you need to increase his weight by 8 times.

So a 12’8” man with the same proportions as a 6’4” 200 lbs man, would weigh in at a whopping 1600 lbs.

2400+ lbs might qualify as thicc, at 12’8” tall (would be equivalent to a 6’4” guy at 300+ lbs).

:P

you're assuming that someone who's 12'8" would retain typical human proportions.

exhibit a) 

spacer.png

I, uh ... have my doubts. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I had centre ice this past season, and I watched an Arizona game because of Colorado. Keller and Garland actually had me coming back to watch more. IMO if Garland ends up like Raymond that would be a disappointment. 
 If fans liked Toffoli when he was here, they’ll be over the moon with Garland. That’s how high I am on this kid. 

Last season was so chalked on so many levels.  We were doing fine at the start and then we hit road for games in Montreal and TO. got absolutely bent.  Then just as we’re starting to regain we missed over 2 weeks with Covid bs and have to play the last 20 games in like 10 days. Lol  and that was a wrap.  Benning did a great job in replacing the players that left tho.  I’m excited too see all these pieces come together.  

23 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Is Podz in town yet?

According to Dhaliwal on Chek TV, Canucks are still hammering out visa paperwork stuff to get Klimovich and Podkolzin to Russia, due to the pandemic it is taking some time. However, he said not to worry, that the Canucks will get both Danila and Vasily at training camp one way or another. 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:18 PM, KyGuy123 said:

Why are people still talking about his height? It’s been reported in here that Benning has confirmed he is 6’2 205.  
 6’2 205. Only thing changing from here on out is his weight 

I heard he’s 6’4 217. 

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Let’s be thankful Podzilla doesn’t follow the Virtanen exercise and diet plan:  

image.thumb.jpeg.7e61ea8884bd0c78c93953c644f9763b.jpeg

I mean Virtanens focus and work ethic was always the issue. 

But could you imagine if we had our farm team in Abbotsford with Canucks management and trainers hounding him constantly. Something tells me things might have turned out different.

Clearly that’s a player that had no one guiding him with proper training. He was so focused on gaining weight he seemed to forget about the conditioning part.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But could you imagine if we had our farm team in Abbotsford with Canucks management and trainers hounding him constantly. Something tells me things might have turned out different.

Clearly that’s a player that had no one guiding him with proper training. He was so focused on gaining weight he seemed to forget about the conditioning part.

Knowing what we know now, I have my doubts any amount of hounding would have made a difference. The guy is a headcase, and just doesn't have the smarts to play the game at a high enough level to live up to anything resembling what we thought his full potential was.

I think Virtanen is a reason why we've put so much emphasis on drafting players with high hockey IQs as of late, and that approach seems to be paying dividends.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Considering he spent one year mainly in the AHL, and the other five mostly in the NHL working directly with Canucks trainers and management, something tells me it wouldn't have turned out much different unfortunately. Maturity and priority issues are a difficult thing to overcome.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1