The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

4 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Podz isn’t even 200 pounds yet. Still filling out. 

Not so sure about that... I'm 6'2 and nowhere as thick (or muscular I'm sure) than Pod in that picture, and I'm 195lb.. I'm pretty sure he is at least 210. Just look at those thighs. He basically has a similar body to Horvat (215lb)/Boeser (208lb), but is a bit taller

Edited by 'NucK™
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This is very likely during the season or next, once Podz has gotten his legs... Has to potential be a tenacious and dynamic line for sure..

As you say, once he has settled in, he will push Boes and Garland on the right side, and brings a different style than each.

Could be down the road a year or even more, but I hope Trav puts them out together a couple times, at the very least in preseason.

Finally, there is very real competition on that side; and Hogz will be pushing Pearson on the left; and, Miller could move to the middle too.

Miller - Petey - Boes

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Pearson - Dickie - Garland

Motter - Sutts - Big Mac

(I must be forgetting someone; I always do.)

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

As you say, once he has settled in, he will push Boes and Garland on the right side, and brings a different style than each.

Could be down the road a year or even more, but I hope Trav puts them out together a couple times, at the very least in preseason.

Finally, there is very real competition on that side; and Hogz will be pushing Pearson on the left; and, Miller could move to the middle too.

Miller - Petey - Boes

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Motter - Sutts - Big Mac

Best part of it is there's option now... even in case of injuries... Future looks bright.

50 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Miller - Petey - Boes

Hogz - Bo - Podz

Motter - Sutts - Big Mac

I'm not certain Podkolzin will be quite ready for that role out the gate, but that lineup is cray balanced. Especially if we expect Hoglander to build on his offensive numbers.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, nergish said:

I'm not certain Podkolzin will be quite ready for that role out the gate, but that lineup is cray balanced. Especially if we expect Hoglander to build on his offensive numbers.

I'd like to see them (53-21-92) together at least a couple times before the season starts, just for Shlitz & Giggles, and because I can't wait to see those 3 tanks attacking the net.

Garland looks to be very good and Podz is going to need a year at least to unseat him; and, well, Boeser is a Beauty; that right side is loaded now; difficult to move up.

I wouldn't mind the occasional look at Petey on the left side, Miller in the middle, and VP up on the first line.

Why not?

He has excelled every time he has been given a challenge and a chance; it might just be the best line we have ever had; and of course it is interchangeable with Brock for Podz, who's hot, etc.

• Like 2