The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

47 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

hoping that he continues to develop and tears the KHL up. would give him a ton of confidence heading to the NHL . 

when is he eligible to come over again? 2022? 

21/22 season, unless he convinces the team to let him buy himself out of the remainder of his contract. Highly unlikely for that to happen

Edited by Sedinery33

2 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

22/23 season, unless he convinces the team to let him buy himself out of the remainder of his contract. Highly unlikely for that to happen

too bad we can't see him for another 2.5 years. seems like a long time from now. 

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I've been a harsh critic of his.

Out of curiosity, why?   Kid is a stud.   He can flat out fly, plays with a lot of edge and has decent hands.    Seen something in the game specifically you don't like?   Having been lucky enough to see him live a few times can say he already looks like an NHL player in many ways including physically.    

Again, always interested to know what others are seeing I am not.   I think Canucks got a real good one here personally.   Fan favourite written all over him the way he plays.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Out of curiosity, why?   Kid is a stud.   He can flat out fly, plays with a lot of edge and has decent hands.    Seen something in the game specifically you don't like?   Having been lucky enough to see him live a few times can say he already looks like an NHL player in many ways including physically.    

Again, always interested to know what others are seeing I am not.   I think Canucks got a real good one here personally.   Fan favourite written all over him the way he plays.

Yeah, I agree with you Rob. He wasn't held with such high regard before the draft for nothing. Now he has been tested against other U20 players, and he showed well. And to think he still has another U20 to go. I get a little excited, that he is thinking differently than his counter parts on his U20 team.(I don't think they believe he is going to make the play, then he does and they are surprised, therefore missing the opportunity) I seen that quite a few times during the U2o's.

Now, back playing with seasoned pro's he is getting better reactions from his team mates, and being ready for him to jump into the play, and getting the puck, he is showing his wares. It will be interesting to see how the remainder of the season plays out for him.

As you can tell......I am excited, and I monitor him as much as I can, when ever there is video or reports.

It will be interesting to see him in his draft + 4. I don't think we would have got him if he wasn't Russian...….it shows Benning's patience. (and wisdom)

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I feel like he has the tools but not the toolbox. Like he doesn't think the game at a pro level. To be fair I haven't seen a tonne of him but what I have seen reminds me of David booth (the way he thinks the game).  Like no one else is on his team when he has the puck. 

Has alot of great qualities though with his speed and drive. Okay shot. Good hands and good passing.

I'm also not a fan of his development path. I know I'm contradicting Benning but I dont understand how hes nhl ready when hes barely khl ready lol.

I dont bring this stuff up though in fear of getting shredded on here. I do hope he turns into a great player for us.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

too bad we can't see him for another 2.5 years. seems like a long time from now. 

Isn’t it 2 years from the end of February?  That’s when his season in the KHL is over, so I’d expect him to be like a 

TDL acquisition for our Cup run in spring 2022. :towel: