The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

I have great hopes for Pods but Russian players will always make me nervous. As bad as their government is most Russians I have met love their people and country. Only been there once but that fact stood out. I take some comfort in knowing that Igor Larionov has some influence over both Pods and Try.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I have great hopes for Pods but Russian players will always make me nervous. As bad as their government is most Russians I have met love their people and country. Only been there once but that fact stood out. I take some comfort in knowing that Igor Larionov has some influence over both Pods and Try.

The great Russian players of yesteryear and now have a super high level of compete.  Pods appears to have that too.  I firmly believe Pods is a star with us.  Tryamkin doesn’t IMO have that level of compete.  He seems happy playing in a lesser league.  Love the big guy, and want him back, but wonder about his compete. 

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Another pick that judd pushed hard for. We can't let this guy go at any cost, this is a stressful time. 

St. Judd certainly is gaining quite the reputation :lol: we really don't know whats gone on behind the scenes, but I doubt it was Judd vs. the entire room on every good pick we've had. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

St. Judd certainly is gaining quite the reputation :lol: we really don't know whats gone on behind the scenes, but I doubt it was Judd vs. the entire room on every good pick we've had. 

Our drafting got better under Judd.  He’s promoted to head draft guy for the 2016 draft year.  He gets things in order and we doing really well in 2017, 18, and 19.

Now he doesn’t like our direction (rebuilding is over as said by our owner and JB) so he’s moving on.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Our drafting got better under Judd.  He’s promoted to head draft guy for the 2016 draft year.  He gets things in order and we doing really well in 2017, 18, and 19.

Now he doesn’t like our direction (rebuilding is over as said by our owner and JB) so he’s moving on.  

we only know what the hacks at The Province have speculated. 

Theres also an entire scouting system in place 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't worry about too much because it's out of my control. But, regarding Russian players, who cares. 

The NHL IS the best league in the world. 

Ovechkin and other superstar Russians say hello. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we only know what the hacks at The Province have speculated. 

Theres also an entire scouting system in place 

System was taken over and controlled by Bracket.  Watching the Canuck’s draft videos and JB often differs to Bracket on  things.  If Bracket wanted to stay he’d already have a new contract.  He’s likely had enough of our owner’s proclamation that our rebuild is over.  IMO Bracket is following Linden.  Two guys with the courage to tell our owner he’s wrong.  

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The great Russian players of yesteryear and now have a super high level of compete.  Pods appears to have that too.  I firmly believe Pods is a star with us.  Tryamkin doesn’t IMO have that level of compete.  He seems happy playing in a lesser league.  Love the big guy, and want him back, but wonder about his compete. 

His attitude concerns me as well 

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

System was taken over and controlled by Bracket.  Watching the Canuck’s draft videos and JB often differs to Bracket on  things.  If Bracket wanted to stay he’d already have a new contract.  He’s likely had enough of our owner’s proclamation that our rebuild is over.  IMO Bracket is following Linden.  Two guys with the courage to tell our owner he’s wrong.  

Alf correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know nobody knows exactly, why Linden left.

Can you provide any evidence regarding Lindens departure except rumours? 

Was it Linden or Benning, who wanted Sedins to stay to retirement?

And again regarding Brackett, you haven't got a clue, as to why a contract haven't been signed yet. 

If indeed he leaves, there could be lots of reasons to do so...

Canucks got Benning from Boston, where he was in charge of drafting. He was offered a GM position here, so he went for it.

Maybe the situation is the same for Bracket...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Source? I must've missed it.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Gaud gonna need to round out game.

Hog probably gonna step into AHL for a year at least.

Don't think you want 2 young guys on the same line who're just establishing themselves. We're trying that with Gaud/Virtanen now and they have to be sheltered.

You know JD

Way back when ……...……………...Smyl  -  Gradin - Frazer...….pretty sure both Smyl and Frazer were rookies, and Gradin was pretty young too!

13 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Woah thanks for putting that into actual perspective.

what would it be if he didn’t have any of those game that he was sub 3 minutes

So I did a tally of the games with over 6 mins of ice time. There were 23 including playoffs.
All his 10 points came in games with over 6 mins of ice. 

0.44 P/GP

2.22 P/60

1.48 S/GP

Averaging about 15 shifts per game in those 23 contests

Averaged 11:15 of ice time over those 23 games. 

Edited by Derp...
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

So I did a tally of the games with over 6 mins of ice time. There were 23 including playoffs.
All his 10 points came in games with over 6 mins of ice. 

0.44 P/GP

2.22 P/60

1.48 S/GP

Averaging about 15 shifts per game in those 23 contests

Averaged 11:15 of ice time over those 23 games. 

That’s a pretty good body of work for 11 minutes a night.

• Cheers 1