The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

11 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

So KHL is still going and Podkolzins Ska St. Petersburg Team advances too the conference finals.

Skas opponents jokerit withdrew round 2nd. So Podkolzin is still playing but his team doesnt play for a few weeks.

The KHL top executives will have meeting this Tuesday to discuss temporary postponing of the playoff second round. In this case SKA and Jokerit would play, just a bit later...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, The Great 8 said:

Caps not going up.

Baer won’t retire.

Did you see how much the bruins had to give up in order to get rid of Backes? Expect the same type of trade with Sutter.

We have lots of time not a lot of options.

The cap problem is very real if we want to resign all our players.

We'll be fine. If the cap stays the same/goes down because of Covid, there will be compliance buyouts etc.

No, Baer likely won't retire but he will likely be either traded with 50% retention or bought out. Either of which saves $1.6m'ish in cap. 

Sutter any way you slice it is not a dump. I doubt we're moving him (until the TDL, if at all) either way as we can't afford to toss away NHL capable C depth. Roussel on the other hand I can see us moving.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We'll be fine. If the cap stays the same/goes down because of Covid, there will be compliance buyouts etc.

No, Baer likely won't retire but he will likely be either traded with 50% retention or bought out. Either of which saves $1.6m'ish in cap. 

Sutter any way you slice it is not a dump. I doubt we're moving him (until the TDL, if at all) either way as we can't afford to toss away NHL capable C depth. Roussel on the other hand I can see us moving.

I agree. Sutter still has value as a 13th forward for another year as he can be a backup at the centre position as well as play wing. Roussel is a waste of a roster spot at $3 million. Hopefully Ferland can come back healthy and take his spot. If not then Hoglander or Lind could be brought up. 

If we move Demko and/or Stecher then I hope Benning will try to include Roussel and Baertschi in those deals to get rid of those contracts. Loui is a different story. We really need to hope he is going to retire so we don’t see him playing shotgun to BO any longer. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. Sutter still has value as a 13th forward for another year as he can be a backup at the centre position as well as play wing. RousIsel is a waste of a roster spot at $3 million. Hopefully Ferland can come back healthy and take his spot. If not then Hoglander or Lind could be brought up. 

If we move Demko and/or Stecher then I hope Benning will try to include Roussel and Baertschi in those deals to get rid of those contracts. Loui is a different story. We really need to hope he is going to retire so we don’t see him playing shotgun to BO any longer. 

I think you are severely underrating the impact of a healthy Roussel. He's lost a step due to his injury, but next year he'll likely be solid. I suspect another team would trade something for him this offseason, even if it's just equivalent to what we paid for Leivo (impactful AHL-er).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

In Soviet Russia, Virus catches you. 

“In Russia, life is no laughing matter; death is no joke either.” The Assassination Bureau.

”in America you play hide and seek; in Russia you play hide and stay hidden.” Yakov Schmirnoff.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
  • Haha 4

Everybody is back on the bandwagon with this kid haha.

Temper your expectations, next year will be a huge indicator of whether he has a chance to make our team or not. He had a very good finish and it appears as if he's finally figuring out how to put his talented game together, but a lot of those points that people have been highlighting haven't been NHL quality chances generated. Most are lucky bounces or him having way too much room to work with, you can't analyze those and expect because it's hockey that we'd see it in the NHL. 

His tenacity is still a huge plus, but you need more than that to be a "lock" on our team. 

44 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Everybody is back on the bandwagon with this kid haha.

Temper your expectations, next year will be a huge indicator of whether he has a chance to make our team or not. He had a very good finish and it appears as if he's finally figuring out how to put his talented game together, but a lot of those points that people have been highlighting haven't been NHL quality chances generated. Most are lucky bounces or him having way too much room to work with, you can't analyze those and expect because it's hockey that we'd see it in the NHL. 

His tenacity is still a huge plus, but you need more than that to be a "lock" on our team. 

Why was anybody "off the bandwagon" in the first place? We're talking about a teenager who was drafted this past Summer...

Even after his two years in Russia, he won't be a "lock". He'll be a "rook".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nergish said:

Why was anybody "off the bandwagon" in the first place? We're talking about a teenager who was drafted this past Summer...

Even after his two years in Russia, he won't be a "lock". He'll be a "rook".

Agreed.  Pods is still 18.  He’s the youngest guy drafted top 10 last year, isn’t he?  When he comes here, he will have just turned 20, I think.  He’s a really young guy still.  He’s going to be really good though.  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Pods is still 18.  He’s the youngest guy drafted top 10 last year, isn’t he?  When he comes here, he will have just turned 20, I think.  He’s a really young guy still.  He’s going to be really good though.  

sure seems so. Best part is someone else is doing the development for us, so none of this counts toward his ELC, which is very nice to have for a top pick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure seems so. Best part is someone else is doing the development for us, so none of this counts toward his ELC, which is very nice to have for a top pick. 

His first three years with us will be cheap on the cap, and he’ll be 20-23, and a really impactful player.  Maybe we will be able to sign and keep Tofu, if we have guys like Pods able to play on ELC’s? 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

His first three years with us will be cheap on the cap, and he’ll be 20-23, and a really impactful player.  Maybe we will be able to sign and keep Tofu, if we have guys like Pods able to play on ELC’s? 

that must be the plan. It has to be really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Who are these super seven that will be the important cap balance?  Pods, Bone, OJ, Hogs, Dipietro, Lind, and ?

The Super Seven are as follows:

Jack Rathbone

Vasili Podkolzin

Nils Hoglander

Kole Lind

Nikita Tryamkin

Michael DiPietro

Brian Rafferty

I don't think OJ is in the mix at this point.  Tryamkin, Rafferty and Rathbone are all ahead of him right now.  Tryamkin provides the size and muscle, and Rathbone and Rafferty provide the speed and skill to complement Quinn.  All 7 of those players will either be on ELC's or cap friendly contracts for awhile and they will replace the likes of Demko, Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Pearson, Roussel and most likely Boeser if we re-sgn Toffoli.

All of these 7 players should be in the lineup within the next 2 years.  Tryamkin, Rafferty and Lind should be in the lineup next year and the rest will follow the year after.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1