The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

21 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I believe he wore #19 because he was drafted 2019.

He wore #19 in his junior team games on his draft year I think. I remember watching highlight videos of him wearing #19..

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

He wore #19 in his junior team games on his draft year I think. I remember watching highlight videos of him wearing #19..

Yah okay sure (junior team) but when he was drafted by the canucks, the #19 was representing the draft year not in honour of Naslund.

Just now, Hogs & Podz said:

Yah okay sure (junior team) but when he was drafted by the canucks, the #19 was representing the draft year not in honour of Naslund.

I was referring to his junior team as well, I am aware the jersey they wear on draft day represents the year.

12 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Podkolzin wears #92, Tryamkin wears #8. 

Calling it.

Yes I see him wearing #92 and coming over at end of his KHL season, so end of March 2021 depending on his teams playoff run....Very exciting times.. Think he will be in lineup shortly after he arrives...

Edited by wildcam

12 hours ago, Pete M said:

He will wear #11...to add to the Sedin's 22 and 33 in the rafters.

#11 is unofficially retired for Wayne Maki. It is the classless punk Messier who has no respect to the history of the organization demanded the #11 without the consent of the Maki family.

• Cheers 1

Its unreal that this kid is still only 18 years old, soon to be 19 in late June.

His game obviously will need to be refined some more once he comes over, but I cannot remember a Canucks prospect that looked so complete in his overall game at the age of 18.

Should TG be around, he is going to have lots of fun utilizing Podkolzin, such a versatile weapon up front.

• Cheers 2

On 4/9/2020 at 9:15 AM, ruilin96 said:

#11 is unofficially retired for Wayne Maki. It is the classless punk Messier who has no respect to the history of the organization demanded the #11 without the consent of the Maki family.

Bobby Schmautz looked good in #11...

...sometimes you just gotta move on and let hockey be...no disrespect.

Edited by Pete M

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

Bobby Schmautz looked good in #11...

...sometimes you just gotta move on and let hockey be...no disrespect.

Plus Pods would definitely take the stink off #11 that Messier left behind. I think Vasily would do the Makis proud.

I’d prefer the number had stayed retired (albeit unofficially), but giving it to Pods would probably be the next best thing.

Kid is all class.

• Cheers 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, 73 Percent said:

So what... you dont think he has a chance to go anywhere... at all... we're his only option. He's going to sign with us for next to nothing. 

Just remember.

Kevin hayes 7.125m 7 yrs nmc. Less than a year ago.

Jvr 7m 5 yrs 2 years ago.

Anders lee. 7m 7yrs. Ntc Less than a year ago. (This was just a resign)

If he resigned with us I cant see it being less than 7x7.

I don't think UFA's are going to get nearly anything close to what they thought they were going to get. A lot of teams are going to be trying to sign Rfa's or they're in cap trouble as it is. I really think a 3-4 year deal at 5-5.25 would be fair considering the cap ramifications. There are far too many ufa's and not too many dollars. Some teams have internal caps as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Watching the2019  U-18 gold medal game and sure am impressed with Vasily. Just dominating his age group. 

Same.

Hes so strong on his skates. Loves driving to the net even when it looks like he’s got no lane.

Will be nice addition to our top 9 in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, DeNiro said:

...........Hes so strong on his skates. Loves driving to the net even when it looks like he’s got no lane.

Will be nice addition to our top 9 in a few years.

I was stoked when they called his name at the draft. Upon discussing Canuck drafts the day after at work, most of my coworkers thought otherwise. The reasons being him under contract and 'Nucks luck with Russian players. I said, "Are you kidding me? Did you even watch any of the WJC games involving Team Russia? That kid rocks!"

I say let's get Podz signed, sealed, and delivered as soon as possible.