The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

They play on the European size field in Switzerland, 30m width. Russian players commented after the loss to Swiss in the 1st game that they played the entire KHL regular season and playoffs on either Finnish 28m or North American 26m ice and this would take time to get used to bigger ice again.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

What is his nickname going to be?

I'm thinking the Moscow Mule since he is from Moscow. 

or

we had the West Coast Express in the 2000's and now we have the Siberian Express lol 

or my favourite Ivan Drago nickname "Death From Above" lol 

Sounds good.....who else is on that train?::D

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

So is Benning going to bring back Linden Vey as our 3rd line center?  He was Podz center for his last 15 or so games, and thru the playoffs  - worked well together

Why not, if I remember correctly he was heavily affected by his parents murdering each other while here. Might give him a chance again to see how he plays without a dark cloud hovering over his head

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Why not, if I remember correctly he was heavily affected by his parents murdering each other while here. Might give him a chance again to see how he plays without a dark cloud hovering over his head

....his dad attempted to hire someone to kill his mother, but it was an under cover agent...they are both still very alive. Which is just as bad. Always felt for the guy, and have always felt if he did come back he would give our team a shot.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

....his dad attempted to hire someone to kill his mother, but it was an under cover agent...they are both still very alive. Which is just as bad. Always felt for the guy, and have always felt if he did come back he would give our team a shot.

Ah, but who would he shoot?

(Sorry - today is dark humour day, first Sunday in May)

• Haha 3

On 5/1/2021 at 8:53 PM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

What is his nickname going to be?

I'm thinking the Moscow Mule since he is from Moscow. 

or

we had the West Coast Express in the 2000's and now we have the Siberian Express lol 

or my favourite Ivan Drago nickname "Death From Above" lol 

Podzilla?

• Cheers 1