The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 5/17/2021 at 8:01 AM, DontMessMe said:

U do know that Jimbo had Zegras rated higher than Pod. They kept on having interviews with zegras. Man... I bet the team was DEVASTATED that Zegras was taken at 9.. And this was because the team CANNOT tank properly.... 

This is the result of stupid moral victories... fk wins.. TANK TANK TANK 

** This is not to say Pod is bad, its just I prefer Zegras 

Zegras is my favourite player outside Petey. Imagine if we had Zegras and Petey as 1-2 center wow. We could then trade Horvat for some nice kings ransom or drop him to 3rd Center.

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

So when can Podz sign a contract with the Canucks?

If you go a few pages back, our resident Russian poster Stierliz said that he can be signed now. There is some confusion about what's happening to him now. Pod is apparently left off the roster, but is still going as a spare (according to Dhaliwal).

Some other posters have mentioned that Demko was given a lot of time to focus on his tournament before given a contract, which he really appreciated. Maybe this will happen with PodZ.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

If you go a few pages back, our resident Russian poster Stierliz said that he can be signed now. There is some confusion about what's happening to him now. Pod is apparently left off the roster, but is still going as a spare (according to Dhaliwal).

Some other posters have mentioned that Demko was given a lot of time to focus on his tournament before given a contract, which he really appreciated. Maybe this will happen with PodZ.

Cool.

So I expect him to be signed after the tournament.  We need him here next season.  He's the Power Forward we all wished JV could have become. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Cool.

So I expect him to be signed after the tournament.  We need him here next season.  He's the Power Forward we all wished JV could have become. 

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Cool.

JB may have felt handcuffed as well until he got the nod from Aquilinni that he would be back at the helm next year.

21 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

JB may have felt handcuffed as well until he got the nod from Aquilinni that he would be back at the helm next year.

I believe also, that his contract with his KHL team, doesn't officially expire until the end of May. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, BPA said:

Cool.

Except JV has air in his airhead.

What an airhead.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Lots of factors as to why he is not signed yet.

Perhaps he's not signing because of Jim Benning... /Sarc

I swear someone will want to believe that because it fits their narrative.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 5/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Me_ said:

326 pages and still hasn’t played a game.

No pressure, kid.

Oh I hope we can all relax a little when he doesn’t score a hat trick his first game lol.

I honestly think the offence will take a bit. My gut feeling. But I think he will do just fine in the bottom 6 until that happens. If he has the type of season Hoglander did I would be happily surprised 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

I am not expecting a lot of goals from him in the 1st season. IMO; what he will bring in spades is a relentless in your face fore-check and some big hits when the opportunity arises.

He will likely start on the 4th line. Probably 3rd line by mid-season if all go well for him adjustment wise

• Cheers 1

On 5/20/2021 at 8:35 AM, Dazzle said:

On 5/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, Stierlitz said:

Russian Hockey Federation has officially announced main roster for the world championship with 26 players, Podkolzin is not listed there. But he is part of the additional group of 5 players (goalie, defenceman and three forwards) who will be practicing with the national team in Riga waiting for call up. Each team may carry 28 players so two players from this additional group are going to join the main roster later.

Podkolzin is still in Riga practicing with the national team but not officially included in the main roster. Apparently Russian Hockey Federation is waiting for results of the NHL playoff first rounds hoping to add one experienced goalie and forward. If not, then two players from the additional group of five players are going to be promoted to the official roster.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am not expecting a lot of goals from him in the 1st season. IMO; what he will bring in spades is a relentless in your face fore-check and some big hits when the opportunity arises.

He will likely start on the 4th line. Probably 3rd line by mid-season if all go well for him adjustment wise

I love Hoglander but Podkolzin>Hoglander. I just can’t see Podz starting on the 4th line. The guy does everything you want youngsters to do and he’s got enough skill to play in a top 6. Maybe Hoglander being established has a top 6 spot to lose so maybe Podkolzin starts on the 3rd line. But I see him earning a spot in the top 6. Pearson getting demoted to the 3rd line on the 1rst year of his extension.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Oh I hope we can all relax a little when he doesn’t score a hat trick his first game lol.

I honestly think the offence will take a bit. My gut feeling. But I think he will do just fine in the bottom 6 until that happens. If he has the type of season Hoglander did I would be happily surprised 

Gosh darn it look what you went and did.  You jinxed it Now he’s going to score a hat trick first game

• Haha 1