The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 5/24/2021 at 9:15 PM, sassbs said:

Well if you throw Miller as a 2c and horvat as a 3c it’s all good.  Replace Miller with someone 

I think Hoffman would score 22 -26 G -- 55 points..

I like Appleton 24, 6'2  Center or wing , speed --Jets will lose in to Seattle? 

11 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Hoglander can definitely move to the left if need be over keeping that line together and the 3C money gets spent on a higher end lw.

I agree but why move him from a spot he's comfortable with if it doesn't fix the problem.

We'd still have a lot of spots to fill.

19 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

As offensive wingers?

Motte's ok but he's not a big point producer and I saw nothing to suggest Highmore belongs on a scoring line either.

Highmore looked good besides Horvat and Pearson.  They were our best line at the end of the season but granted they were deployed against the other team's best lines in a shutdown role. Highmore potted a couple of goals there too.  

Neither Motte nor Highmore will be big scorers, but their speed is something that we desperately need more of. 

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

He won’t have to whine here either, I’m sure horvat and Hoglanders line will embrace him

I'd love to see Podkolzin on a line with Miller and Lind.  I would prefer to see both Miller and Elias center their own lines to at least start the season.  

Would love to see 

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Keep Petey and Boeser on seperate lines. Boeser plays better away from Petey since he’s not always trying to give him the puck and actually drives the play. 

Also gives Pettersson two physical puck hounds and he won’t have to go in the corners as much. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, reyezone said:

He does everything like he’s ticked off

honestly, he's the closest thing to bertuzzi in both attitude and play style that the canucks have had since, well, bertuzzi.

2 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Would love to see 

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Keep Petey and Boeser on seperate lines. Boeser plays better away from Petey since he’s not always trying to give him the puck and actually drives the play. 

Also gives Pettersson two physical puck hounds and he won’t have to go in the corners as much. 

Hoffman ? Petey - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser

Appleton ? -  Miller --  Pearson

We have 3 very good guys down the middle..  Easier to fix top 9 chasing wingers...

16 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd love to see Podkolzin on a line with Miller and Lind.  I would prefer to see both Miller and Elias center their own lines to at least start the season.  

I would love Benning to target a C like Danault this free agency for the 3rd line. It will make this team more competitve with Podkolzin coming in and Hoglander improving even more.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Danault-Motte

Highmore/Lockwood-Graovac-Gadjovic

Out: Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, Boyd  Vessey

Now each line has size, speed, tenacity, grit and toughness element. Also bottom 6 lines would be able to score goals and grind it out in playoffs. Hoping Benning does target an impact 3rd C in free agency or via trade along with a reliable defensive top 4D.

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Hoffman ? Petey - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser

Appleton ? -  Miller --  Pearson

We have 3 very good guys down the middle..  Easier to fix top 9 chasing wingers...

Hoffman is too expensive, not sure we have the cap for that and Appleton will probably re-sign in Winnipeg. Although if we had cap space this offseason I like your idea. Still I would go after a better player than Hoffman like one of Tampa Bays forward that could be had for cheap via trade. If money wasnt an issue, a trade for Palat, Johnsson, Killorn or Gourde would be great. Imagine Palat next to Pettersson. But unfortunately we dont have much space until next offseason when we can unload Erikssons corpse and get rid of Luongos ghost.

16 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I’m sorry with recent production from horvat Petey or Miller you don’t drop any out of the top 6.

Miller and Petey play real well together 2

17 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd love to see Podkolzin on a line with Miller and Lind.

Pod/BoHo/Hogs is a line I'd to see at some point.  3 non-stop motors with talent would be hard to play against. 

• Vintage 1