The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

4 hours ago, appleboy said:

This kid is no Virtanen.  He is just the opposite. 

He sees and thinks the game at a high level. Great shot good play maker and a motor that is in the Hoglander range. I think he is going to surprise a lot of fans. 

This guy will be a fan favorite very quickly. 

Now lets win the draft lottery!

I would like Benier. Our center ice would be complete.

You forgot that Podkolzin is a dominate puck possessor and can play a 200 foot game

• Like 2

Green suprised me last camp having Hoglander on the 2nd line. Hoggy kept the spot through hard work.

So who knows which line Podkolzin starts , just don’t expect Him on the 1st PP. 

Edited by HockeyHarry

2 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

My guess is that the way VP is able to recover pucks on the attack will enable him to play a complimentary role and have success on the top two lines. 

Good point about Pod’s puck retrieval skills.  That’s really helpful on the PP too.  Green will likely play Pods on PP2 as net front.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

My guess is that the way VP is able to recover pucks on the attack will enable him to play a complimentary role and have success on the top two lines. 

Gonna one up you and state that Podkolzin will be the driver on his line from day 1 (not a player in a complimentary role).

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Gonna one up you and state that Podkolzin will be the driver on his line from day 1 (not a player in a complimentary role).

I agree. This guy is not going to be a passenger. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Green suprised me last camp having Hoglander on the 2nd line. Hoggy kept the spot through hard work.

So who knows which line Podkolzin starts , just don’t expect Him on the 1st PP. 

My prediction: Podkolzin will be lining up on the left side along Pettersson and Boeser.

Horvat and Miller centering 2nd/3rd lines...and a Sutter signing on the cheap ($2.0M AAV maximum) for 4th line center.  That will give the Canucks the depth they need down the middle. 

Acquiring wingers on short term deals will be more efficient and cost effective, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

My prediction: Podkolzin will be lining up on the left side along Pettersson and Boeser.

Horvat and Miller centering 2nd/3rd lines...and a Sutter signing on the cheap ($2.0M AAV maximum) for 4th line center.  That will give the Canucks the depth they need down the middle. 

Acquiring wingers on short term deals will be more efficient and cost effective, IMO.

With no additions to the roster

Petey Miller Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hog

Motte Sutter Pod

HIghmore Graovac Lind

Mac, Bailey

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Petey Miller Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hog

Motte Sutter Pod

HIghmore Graovac Lind

Mac, Bailey

Sounds like the Canucks feel Beagle will in fact be in the lineup next year.

If I have my way, we move Ferland for Killorn +, Lind + for Jenner and go with:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Hoglander

Killorn, Jenner, Podkolzin

Highmore, Beagle, Motte

MacEwan

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, 73 Percent said:

Bold prediction. I like it. 

I'm going a more reserved route.

70gp -12g 12a

Starts on the 4th finishes on the 3rd. See a little 2nd line and 2nd pp time. 12mins a night av.

I would agree something close to this.  Just add 140+ hits and 50+ blocks for the year.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sounds like the Canucks feel Beagle will in fact be in the lineup next year.

If I have my way, we move Ferland for Killorn +, Lind + for Jenner and go with:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Hoglander

Killorn, Jenner, Podkolzin

Highmore, Beagle, Motte

MacEwan

I'd be happy to have beagle back if he's healthy.  I still think they go with Sutter at 3Cif he comes in cheap.  I like Sutter's game, so I'm fine with that at the right price

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Petey Miller Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hog

Motte Sutter Pod

HIghmore Graovac Lind

Mac, Bailey

& this is sans-Lockwood. Our lineups keep showing increasing youth & speed. It's a nice trend. Also impressive how many pieces we've drafted & developed.

14 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He may not put up many points in his 1st year as he adjusts to the play over here but man; all the other things he brings to the table are things that were sorely lacking these past few years. I have no unrealistic expectations for him. If he continues to play like he did in Russia, he will be a major improvement in whomever he replaces (likely Virtanen). Not all the value in a player can be found on the score sheet.

I agree. If he even gets double digit goals, consider him a success. Podz value will be his hard work at puck retrievals, controlling along the boards, forechecking etc. His numbers might not flatter at first but his play could lead to more wins

• Cheers 1