Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW


GoldenAlien

Recommended Posts

On 8/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, Pure961089 said:

Podz  is a RWer, the lines would be more like 

 

Miller - Petey - Boeser 

Hogz - Horvat - Podz 

Pearson - Dickinson - Garland. 
 

arguably the Canucks have 8 top 6 players.  I like Garland but Hogz 5 v 5 stats are just too strong to ignore.  
 

the energy on that 2nd line tho…..

I'm pretty sure Podkolzin plays left-wing as well, he shoots left anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Garland is probably the fastest player in the league, if not he’s close to it. Why would you neutralize that asset by putting him on the 3rd line???

I got to be honest, I don’t know much about Garland. :bigblush: So maybe he’ll be like a Mason Raymond type but Podkolzin brings a unique package of power and high hockey IQ.  That might be the bigger waste of talent IMO.   I’m stoked about Garland’s speed tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Hogz is one of the best 200ft players they have.  His defensive game is underrated and podz is also a solid 200ft player.  Obviously we know dickensen is proficient on that side of the puck, but hogz and pidz might bring out his offensive talent, which is there.  I think they'd be tough to play against.......3 hard forechecking, defensively responsible guys

 

Wonder if he'd sign a contract for Dickensian-compensation?!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: Vasiliy Podkolzin's height and weight:

 

IHDB              6'0"     191

ep.com          6'4"     203

KHL               6'3"     203

CapFr            6'0"     196

NHL.com       6'1"     190

Hoc-Ref         6'0"     196

MyNHLDraft   6.0"    185

 

Maybe we should turn this into a poll and everybody can vote.....

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Re: Vasiliy Podkolzin's height and weight:

 

IHDB              6'0"     191

ep.com          6'4"     203

KHL               6'3"     203

CapFr            6'0"     196

NHL.com       6'1"     190

Hoc-Ref         6'0"     196

MyNHLDraft   6.0"    185

 

Maybe we should turn this into a poll and everybody can vote.....

At the time of his draft, he was measured at 6-feet-0.75, 196 pounds during the combine. So he’s at least that, if not a little more now.

 

https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-combine-heights-weights/

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Re: Vasiliy Podkolzin's height and weight:

 

IHDB              6'0"     191

ep.com          6'4"     203

KHL               6'3"     203

CapFr            6'0"     196

NHL.com       6'1"     190

Hoc-Ref         6'0"     196

MyNHLDraft   6.0"    185

 

Maybe we should turn this into a poll and everybody can vote.....

I think Podzilla was 6’ at his draft age, but he’s gown a couple inches since.  It’s why we saw a dip in his offensive game post draft for a while.  He was going through a growth spurt.  Recently we saw him dominate in his team’s playoffs and set a scoring record.  He’s clearly grown into his body, and filled out.  He’s going to be so good for us.  I see Green playing Podzilla with Petey and Bess, which allows for Miller to play centre.  

Pods will score 30+ goals, 60+ points and be in a convertible during the club’s 2022 Cup parade.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

So he’s Thicc;)

At 12’8”?


I’m thinking 510 lbs would be severely underweight at that height. Emaciatedly thin, and decidedly not thicc.

 

Keeping proportions, you would need to cube the increase in height, to figure out weight. 
 

So, let’s say an average 6’4” guy weighs around 200 lbs.

 

Double his height and you need to increase his weight by 8 times.

 

So a 12’8” man with the same proportions as a 6’4” 200 lbs man, would weigh in at a whopping 1600 lbs.

 

2400+ lbs might qualify as thicc, at 12’8” tall (would be equivalent to a 6’4” guy at 300+ lbs).

 

:P

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

At 12’8”?


I’m thinking 510 lbs would be severely underweight at that height. Emaciatedly thin, and decidedly not thicc.

 

Keeping proportions, you would need to cube the increase in height, to figure out weight. 
 

So, let’s say an average 6’4” guy weighs around 200 lbs.

 

Double his height and you need to increase his weight by 8 times.

 

So a 12’8” man with the same proportions as a 6’4” 200 lbs man, would weigh in at a whopping 1600 lbs.

 

2400+ lbs might qualify as thicc, at 12’8” tall (would be equivalent to a 6’4” guy at 300+ lbs).

 

:P

 

You think if he laid in front of the net would people score?

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, the Canucks better improve because once Podz and Rathbone are regulars our prospect pool looks alarmingly grim.  Usually it’s the really good teams and SC contenders that have bad prospect pools.  Canucks are neither right now.  Benning putting all his chips in at this point betting on our young guns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Man, the Canucks better improve because once Podz and Rathbone are regulars our prospect pool looks alarmingly grim.  Usually it’s the really good teams and SC contenders that have bad prospect pools.  Canucks are neither right now.  Benning putting all his chips in at this point betting on our young guns.

Have you been hiding under a rock.... Or a bridge B)...

Check out the prospect threads.  We may not have the elite prospects that usually come via top 10 picks in our pool.... but we do have 3-4 quality prospects that will make the team (2nd - 4th line forwards and #4-7 defenceman) in the next 2-4 years and more trending in the right direction.  

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I had centre ice this past season, and I watched an Arizona game because of Colorado. Keller and Garland actually had me coming back to watch more. IMO if Garland ends up like Raymond that would be a disappointment. 
 If fans liked Toffoli when he was here, they’ll be over the moon with Garland. That’s how high I am on this kid. 

I've always been partial to players who can get under opponents' skin. Guys like Jarko Ruutu, Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa... Even when I was younger, loved watching guys like Esa Tikkanen and Darius Kaspiritis.

 

Something tells me Garland is going to be my new favorite player. Anyone who can get one of the top-5 players in the game to do this...

 

mackinnon-garland-helmet.2062d37d.gif?cr

 

...has a special talent in a**holemanship. I can't wait! ::D

  • Cheers 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -AJ- changed the title to Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...