The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

GoldenAlien

Now this couple is going to have tough first three days because of 10-hour difference between the Vancouver and Moscow time zones. From my experience when visiting my relatives in Russia, I feel quite awful the first two days and the third day is getting better. From his picture on the balcony we can see that he does not feel very well.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Now this couple is going to have tough first three days because of 10-hour difference between the Vancouver and Moscow time zones. From my experience when visiting my relatives in Russia, I feel quite awful the first two days and the third day is getting better. From his picture on the balcony we can see that he does not feel very well.

It is probably the pot from the neighbors! It's a lot stronger over here! :sadno:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

They've been doing some sightseeing today, from the postings on their instagram pages.  I wonder which team members are already here and skating? I assume someone has reached out to him and explained where UBC is

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Yes i noticed that too but it looked to me like he's afraid of heights. Your explanation makes more sense because he's fearless of course. 

• Haha 1

Wouldn't have been a direct flight either - likely through Frankfurt, maybe London or Amsterdam.  It's alway more debilitating going east rather than west through multiple time zones, and ofc they are both young and healthy, so I doubt they were that much affected.  More like trying to function after pulling an all-nighter.  Just dog tired.

7 hours ago, thrago said:

Man it takes me 2 weeks to recover from daylight savings time.  10 hours you might as well shoot me lol.

Not implying your workout consists of running to the washroom during a break in action in a movie (it is for me though lol) but this guy is a professional athlete at the peak of his health. I might hit him (fatigue) after his adrenaline wears off a bit.

6 hours ago, Googlie said:

Wouldn't have been a direct flight either - likely through Frankfurt, maybe London or Amsterdam.  It's alway more debilitating going east rather than west through multiple time zones, and ofc they are both young and healthy, so I doubt they were that much affected.  More like trying to function after pulling an all-nighter.  Just dog tired.

I heard somewhere that all in, between flights, layovers, and delays, the Podkolzins’ journey to Vancouver took them over 30 hours!

I’d be ruined for the next week. 

But this kid is young and an elite athlete, and he has a top notch work ethic as well, so I’m not surprised he showed up to today’s skate with excitement and energy to spare.

And between the lengthy travel, and then him hitting the ice for training, it might even help the with jet lag. I’m sure he’ll be tired enough tonight to sleep pretty well, regardless of what his circadian rhythms are telling him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• -AJ- changed the title to Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW