The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

If you saw the video of him doing skating drills at UBC he looked fantastic. Even more telling was Bo saying how great his skating looked, his high skill level, how solid he is, and how he just can't wait to see him in a high paced game or scrimmage. 

so basically not Virtanen. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Podzilla should play 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  If Green does  this, I can see Pods putting up big numbers, even without PP time.  

Pods will likely PK.  

Would give us great depth if he could play top 6.

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Garland 

Pearson Dickinson Hoglander

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Would give us great depth if he could play top 6.

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Garland 

Pearson Dickinson Hoglander

That's a nice looking top 9, but I was thinking Miller as center with Dickinson and Pearson on his wings.  The best thing is that having Pods allows Green to move forwards around and create a very deep group.  There's still Motte and Sutter too, who can play harder minutes.  

Pods could play on any line and be very effective.  He's just one of those guys, like Miller, who can play a variety of ways (fill roles) and help the team win.  I see Pods as a bigger version of Burrows.  

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think you're right. Watching all of the highlights over the last 2 years you can see he has the right sense to find his skilled scoring line mates. 

This is the most excited I've been about a Canucks pre-season in a long time. So much going on thats good right now. 

Agreed - at that one tournament they kept saying he was setting up guys like crazy and no one could finish.

Petey and Bess can finish.

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Podzilla should play 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  If Green does  this, I can see Pods putting up big numbers, even without PP time.  

Pods will likely PK.  

I’m not sure Pettersson’s actual numbers on faceoffs but Miller being on that line is nice because he can take the draws and then switch back to the wing. Miller is better at them then Pettersson. Honestly I think Podz with Horvat and Garland would be a fantastic line!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nzan said:

Agreed - at that one tournament they kept saying he was setting up guys like crazy and no one could finish.

Petey and Bess can finish.

exactly. I would think Green would look at how Larionov deployed Podz and see the potential there. In fact based on the recent interviews I'm sure he does. 

I'm sure we'll get the usual screaming about Green not using the kid correctly, but we don't really know the holes in his game at this level yet, I trust that Green and co. will get the best out of this kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Really?

The roster looks 'Canuck-published' - but they're not allowed to measure him until camp starts or something? 

They're not going to ask him to come in early and step on a scale just to satisfy curiosity. He'll weigh in in training camp just like everyone else

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2