The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

I feel like he’s decently far along in learning English seems like he can understand it decently. Maybe just has troubles forming sentences.:)

It's always like that when I learn foreign languages. You can understand it much better before you can speak it well. 

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

This.... times 1000....

This can not be stated often enough. 
There will be owners around the league looking enviously at what brewing in Vancouver. With a bit of luck this could turn into a championship side... so flipping excited for the next seasons...

yup, this Isi the most excited I've been for a training camp in... well maybe ever. The competition for spots should be fun to watch too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, tas said:

while I've been looking forward to podkolzin's arrival like everyone else, I've had tempered expectations like I generally do with all prospects. but something about that interview, the confidence, comfort, and playfulness with the media and his interpreter, the voice, the demeanor ... the kid is going to be a beast. 

The confidence and demeanour almost reminded me of when Chris Pronger first came into the league 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

While it isn't the line I would go with all 3 are quite capable of getting out of their own zone. Plus we have plenty of D that are pmd so not sure what makes you feel that way? Their size?

Well Petey Miller and browser were pinned in their own end lots. Replace Miller with a player with less than 60 games... It's not going to be pretty. 

Miller has been out leading scorer since landing here. I don't understand the obsession with moving him to the third line.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:18 AM, Googlie said:

Some top opposition lines won't see the puck when Green sends out Podz, Hoagie and Dicky to line match in home games

They probably wouldn't even give it back to the linesman when their shift is over.  GCG!

• Haha 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Well Petey Miller and browser were pinned in their own end lots. Replace Miller with a player with less than 60 games... It's not going to be pretty. 

Miller has been out leading scorer since landing here. I don't understand the obsession with moving him to the third line.

I agree about JT 100% its nice to have wingers that can play centre which was my reason for the original comment.