The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

Oh the irony of making a completely non-sensical comment, and then following it up with a comment about the insanity on this forum... thanks for the laugh:lol: 

That is the beauty of this place....thanks for taking the bait and playing.    Another fun thing to do is go over the US Election/Politics thread - I never read it but once in a while put some story from some source and walk away....it creates about five days of "chum to the sharks".   Brilliant wokeness over there and triggering it is as easy as ANYTHING that says one of Biden, Trudeau or Hogan (or is it Horgain?) may have flaws remotely close to the evil orange dude or Stephen Harper.    Love it! 

Have a good one.   (Oh, and that is now 1,305........ B))

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

That is the beauty of this place....thanks for taking the bait and playing.    Another fun thing to do is go over the US Election/Politics thread - I never read it but once in a while put some story from some source and walk away....it creates about five days of "chum to the sharks".   Brilliant wokeness over there and triggering it is as easy as ANYTHING that says one of Biden, Trudeau or Hogan (or is it Horgain?) may have flaws remotely close to the evil orange dude or Stephen Harper.    Love it! 

Have a good one.   (Oh, and that is now 1,305........ B))

Oh so you're an admitted troll? good to know I can just skip over all the drivel you write on here then..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Looks like some names are changed but some of the insanity persists.    Just can't wait until actual games start.   :lol:

Hope things have been well.   Crazy times.    

Truly Crazy times, Rob :frantic:

I honestly don't know what I would have done without CDC, at least for about 6 months earlier on, when I could not golf or play hockey. I did so much hiking, I started to grow hooves. I watched so many reruns, gardened and reno'd just about every room in the house.

But it was CDC, that kept my hockey addiction at bay. 

It was close! :frantic: It did not help that I did not have any trips to Mexico for 2 years. My blood alcohol level almost dropped to normal levels......... (good Tequila is too expensive up here!) !

Things are almost back to normal, thank God! :towel:

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

Oh so you're an admitted troll? good to know I can just skip over all the drivel you write on here then..

Nope, quite the opposite.  I like to point out hypocrisy and silly extreme viewpoints on issues.    From what I see you post, I suggest you block me as logic about hockey will not be something you want to read.   Cheers and good luck with measurements - hope your own is up to the task!   :)

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nope, quite the opposite.  I like to point out hypocrisy and silly extreme viewpoints on issues.    From what I see you post, I suggest you block me as logic about hockey will not be something you want to read.   Cheers and good luck with measurements - hope your own is up to the task!   :)

look at your last 4 comments to me in this thread.. that's trolling.. and where is my hypocrisy or "silly extreme viewpoint" may I ask?

and wow.. a troll and an asshole too.. hope your life gets better

Edited by 'NucK™
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Truly Crazy times, Rob :frantic:

I honestly don't know what I would have done without CDC, at least for about 6 months earlier on, when I could not golf or play hockey. I did so much hiking, I started to grow hooves. I watched so many reruns, gardened and reno'd just about every room in the house.

But it was CDC, that kept my hockey addiction at bay. 

It was close! :frantic: It did not help that I did not have any trips to Mexico for 2 years. My blood alcohol level almost dropped to normal levels......... (good Tequila is too expensive up here!) !

Things are almost back to normal, thank God! :towel:

Great to hear it buddy.   I had the opposite - COVID was consuming for some of the ventures I am involved with and some good friends in Europe had their families devastated so I spent time on that too.   Hockey took some of a backseat but people were still training and looking for input and players still needed evaluating even it very little was "live" anymore.   I have learned that players who are on camera a lot are not necessarily the keys to the play or even the reason one teams does well (or poorly).   Following the puck is good for getting non-hockey people to watch I guess but keys to the game are more subtle and you need to see it live to get that.    Cheers.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Great to hear it buddy.   I had the opposite - COVID was consuming for some of the ventures I am involved with and some good friends in Europe had their families devastated so I spent time on that too.   Hockey took some of a backseat but people were still training and looking for input and players still needed evaluating even it very little was "live" anymore.   I have learned that players who are on camera a lot are not necessarily the keys to the play or even the reason one teams does well (or poorly).   Following the puck is good for getting non-hockey people to watch I guess but keys to the game are more subtle and you need to see it live to get that.    Cheers.

When I am being serious on here....(about 25% of the time) I try and push that on some people, but there are alot of people who believe just in analytics, and points, something I do not necessarily agree with.

My belief is, that it is still a game of plus/minus, where if you are on for more goals for, then that is good, but if it is reversed, that is bad.

IMO, even sheltering is all that reliable, as the game is played with 6 on the ice at a time, and there may be some one else that needs even more sheltering........

Example .......every body sees Hughes points, but if he is on the ice for more goals against than for.........that needs to be evaluated.......and discussed.......

And I am not saying he is not a great Offensive player, just that he has shown so far that he is a worse defensive player, IMO. But he is young, and a good/great defensive partner may be all that is required.

Anyways.........I liked your point

7 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

When I am being serious on here....(about 25% of the time) I try and push that on some people, but there are alot of people who believe just in analytics, and points, something I do not necessarily agree with.

My belief is, that it is still a game of plus/minus, where if you are on for more goals for, then that is good, but if it is reversed, that is bad.

IMO, even sheltering is all that reliable, as the game is played with 6 on the ice at a time, and there may be some one else that needs even more sheltering........

Example .......every body sees Hughes points, but if he is on the ice for more goals against than for.........that needs to be evaluated.......and discussed.......

And I am not saying he is not a great Offensive player, just that he has shown so far that he is a worse defensive player, IMO. But he is young, and a good/great defensive partner may be all that is required.

Anyways.........I liked your point

I like statistics on the ice too.....arguing the size of dudes, that is creepy....and I am willing to bet it is largely by dudes who are both small and never played.    Just my opinion.   Cheers

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

if your life was good I seriously doubt you'd be trolling and being an asshole to strangers on the internet lmao..  

I enjoy hockey and if I can call out some things I find hypocritical or creepy (latter in this case), I like to do so.   That fact that some continue to engage while way over their heads is amusing - I am guilty of enjoying having some cheap amusement.   Your timezone works for me too as my day is long done and chill time now and loving the fixation on other dude's size.   Go into a professional locker room with a tape measure and see how that goes for you  :lol:

• Haha 1

I enjoy hockey and if I can call out some things I find hypocritical or creepy (latter in this case), I like to do so.   That fact that some continue to engage while way over their heads is amusing - I am guilty of enjoying having some cheap amusement.   Your timezone works for me too as my day is long done and chill time now and loving the fixation on other dude's size.   Go into a professional locker room with a tape measure and see how that goes for you  :lol:

Way over their heads? what does that even mean? I explained to you how I like to know accurate data on players, including weight and height, but I am not fanatical about having to know it, I just want it to be accurate when it is being reported, and you haven't had a single rebuttal to that comment. instead, you just started trolling me saying that 2/3rds of my comment history is about player's weights.. 

and again, that last comment? is that supposed to be some thinly veiled threat? since you now seem to be extremely obsessed with the size of the users on this forum based on your last comment, I'm 6'5" and 230lb fyi, so I'm sure I'd do just fine in the locker room lmao.. on the ice not so much  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Way over their heads? what does that even mean? I explained to you how I like to know accurate data on players, including weight and height, but I am not fanatical about having to know it, I just want it to be accurate when it is being reported, and you haven't had a single rebuttal to that comment. instead, you just started trolling me saying that 2/3rds of my comment history is about player's weights.. 

and again, that last comment? is that supposed to be some thinly veiled threat? since you now seem to be extremely obsessed with the size of the users on this forum based on your last comment, I'm 6'5" and 230lb fyi, so I'm sure I'd do just fine in the locker room lmao.. on the ice not so much  

You're fun!  See you are new but are here A LOT so please don't go away.    

Good for you on size.   Look mine up....I am not far behind you (heavier than ever...COVID sucks).   I am a goalie so I suspect I would fare poorly (one fight of record.....I actually won but he turtled).    Good luck in the locker room - cannot think of one where you would be fine but perhaps if you stuck to us goalies  :lol:

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Reported.

Seriously, grow up. You don't need to have the last word here.

D-Money, awe....this was getting really fun.   I don't want him reported as he might leave.    No harm or foul.   Will let him/her/it has last word as that seems really important and wins are likely hard in that world.   Cheers and good to see some familiar names.   :)

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I like statistics on the ice too.....arguing the size of dudes, that is creepy....and I am willing to bet it is largely by dudes who are both small and never played.    Just my opinion.   Cheers

You are 1/2 right ... I am just over 6'5", but have never played hockey

But it's not arguing, nor creepy.  Rather sleuthing.  He is listed at draft time (Dobber, Hockey db etc) as 6' or 6'1", then 2 years later his KHL cub has him at over 6'4".  Some of us are just curious, that's all.  Growth spurt? Translation of cms to feet and inches?  Some ulterior motive by CSA St Petersburg?  That's all.  The thirst for knowledge never grows old, and to think it is warped, or some sort of fixation, strikes me as somewhat wierd

Thats my 2 cents, anyway

• Cheers 2

D-Money, awe....this was getting really fun.   I don't want him reported as he might leave.    No harm or foul.   Will let him/her/it has last word as that seems really important and wins are likely hard in that world.   Cheers and good to see some familiar names.   :)

Glad to see you back Rob.  Jumped in like you were never gone.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

You are 1/2 right ... I am just over 6'5", but have never played hockey

But it's not arguing, nor creepy.  Rather sleuthing.  He is listed at draft time (Dobber, Hockey db etc) as 6' or 6'1", then 2 years later his KHL cub has him at over 6'4".  Some of us are just curious, that's all.  Growth spurt? Translation of cms to feet and inches?  Some ulterior motive by CSA St Petersburg?  That's all.  The thirst for knowledge never grows old, and to think it is warped, or some sort of fixation, strikes me as somewhat wierd

Thats my 2 cents, anyway

Cheers - how about he is what he is and once in the NHL he will have his accurate numbers acceptable to NHLPA posted and leave it there.   Removes all creepiness etc.   Cheers!   

• Thanks 1

• -AJ- changed the title to Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW