The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

29 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yeah, seemed like it.  My suggestion would maybe make the 3rd line into the 1st!

Probably part of it. Green trying to use Garland to spark other players. It's worked with Podz so far.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

He's coming on way quicker than we had a right to expect.  Remember the concerns about his skating?  Not having a fellow Russian on the team? 

The duo with Garland is lethal.  If the lotto line doesn't get it together soon, I'd like to see Petterson in between those two.  Would get him playing quicker and more spontaneously.

garland and pods should kill penalties, maybe not together as who would take the draws? but Bo+ garland should kill penalties, or garland + dowling, Bo +podz

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I think we should try Pods on face offs and PK.  

On the PK, I could see it working, but not likely on faceoffs. He's never been a centre as far as I can tell and 20 years old is awfully old to start learning.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

On the PK, I could see it working, but not likely on faceoffs. He's never been a centre as far as I can tell and 20 years old is awfully old to start learning.

Maybe not play centre, but take draws on PK and for Dickinson 5 on 5?  Pods has huge, strong hands, which could be a big advantage in the dot.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Maybe not play centre, but take draws on PK and for Dickinson 5 on 5?  Pods has huge, strong hands, which could be a big advantage in the dot.  

He definitely has the physical tools to be great in the dot, but it seems to me that it takes many years to master the art of the draw, just by the fact that so many centres don't get good at them until many years of doing them.

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

Podz is used to playing heavy minutes and played PK in KHL id say hes definetly ready for it. let him get some shifts here and there. Hes ready. 

Wasn't the whole thing about his time in the KHL about how they wouldn't give him time because he was young?

• Cheers 4