The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Kind of amazing the optics. 

The eyeball test shows a guy that hustles and gets to the dirty areas.

Has 4 points in 18 games.

Chiasson has played 16 games has also 4 points in identical ice time

But it's how Chiasson plays that he gets roasted.

It's understandable as Putgoalsin is a rookie. So it's good to see Canuck fans cut him some slack. He's got the work ethic down that's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kind of amazing the optics. 

The eyeball test shows a guy that hustles and gets to the dirty areas.

Has 4 points in 18 games.

Chiasson has played 16 games has also 4 points in identical ice time

But it's how Chiasson plays that he gets roasted.

It's understandable as Putgoalsin is a rookie. So it's good to see Canuck fans cut him some slack. He's got the work ethic down that's for sure. 

The belief is Podkolzyn will gt better, Chiason not so much, on his last legs

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The belief is Podkolzyn will gt better, Chiason not so much, on his last legs

Podz is getting for sure, ok so only 4 goals BUT those were sniper goals, not one was a cheap or "easy" tap-ins or open net, all 4 were snipes, they looked like they could have came off Petey or JT's stick but our latest Russian is only going to get better with experience and he's eager to learn and with that kind of skill set, looks like a win situation especially on a ELC for 2 more seasons and hopefully Klim has success as well.. would love to see these 2 on a line!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Podkolzyn likes high on the short side, great shot but you'd have to think that it'll be addressed by pre game scouts

I noticed that too BUT a few were having to shoot in that area according to where in the crease the goalie was and that's pure sniping ability, wait until he starts ramping it up. It doesn't look to me he's anywhere near that point yet but as his reads get better and he gains confidence, that will be something to watch! I see the same in Klim.. thinking we should be nothing but happy Podz is essentially a Toffoli in the making except tougher. and actually now that I think about it, same for Klim. 

Might be able to trade another roster forward for a Dman next season IF Klim can be to his potential and works on his D game he'd make a 3rd line combination a double threat. 

Or in my dreams make, 2nd line.. wow yes please! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I noticed that too BUT a few were having to shoot in that area according to where in the crease the goalie was and that's pure sniping ability, wait until he starts ramping it up. It doesn't look to me he's anywhere near that point yet but as his reads get better and he gains confidence, that will be something to watch! I see the same in Klim.. thinking we should be nothing but happy Podz is essentially a Toffoli in the making except tougher. and actually now that I think about it, same for Klim. 

Might be able to trade another roster forward for a Dman next season IF Klim can be to his potential and works on his D game he'd make a 3rd line combination a double threat. 

Or in my dreams make, 2nd line.. wow yes please! 

At the rate Podz is scoring he could have a 20 goal season. 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:08 AM, Boudrias said:

At the rate Podz is scoring he could have a 20 goal season. 

Not a bad way to first year the NHL, seems to me he knew he needed work to play in the world's best hockey league and knowing he had a good shot but like Bo coming in, he seems to be working on his D game as well to be more than just offence-minded and not put a world of pressure on himself either by trying to score tons of goals. THAT is just fine with me, i'll take that all day...  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I wonder what was Hoglander's stat line after 20 games last year? How does one even get hold of stats like that without going through a lot of work?

Hoglander had 3 goals and 6 assist for 9 points in his first 20 games last year as a rookie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, rizzuto&hatoum said:

I wonder what was Hoglander's stat line after 20 games last year? How does one even get hold of stats like that without going through a lot of work?

well first you have to start thinking that Hogs was up against the league's best but Podz has been eased into it. 

Have to take that consideration into the equation to be fair about it so it can be objective which optics would have a hard time with so yeah maybe harder than you think... 

• Cheers 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

The question is, why isn't this guy on the PP?

Why are we not trying to build confidence for a young upcoming Podz instead of trying to resurrect the career of a has-been Chiasson?

Or getting a guy like Lockwood in the lineup. Chiasson has been gawd awful, and is worthless 5 on 5. He didn't deserve a contract here, but you know Travis, he loves his PTO guys

• Like 1