The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 8/3/2022 at 2:52 PM, Googlie said:

I think it could work, he's a smart and responsible player and a good passer.

The only thing he lacks, IMO, is experience and confidence which will simply come overtime.

Solid, high floor player. We'll see how high his ceiling is.

1 hour ago, Pazura92 said:

Awesome seeing him do pretty great in his rookie season !

I personally think he will get over the 40 point mark this coming season .

22G 24A 

I agree with your point total prediction as low end.  If he gets put and remains on top line I could see closer to 26G 30A.

Podkolzin is too skilled to be a 3rd line centre in my opinion.  But if Miller gets traded Podkolzin could learn the trade as Pettersson has with Miller over the last 4 years.  Podkolzin already is better at faceoffs than Pettersson so his starting point on the learning curve is further along as Pettersson’s was.  So I think it would be neat for him to learn the trade for versatility reasons but his talent would be wasted on the 3rd line in the long run.  

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/08/03/could-vasily-podkolzin-centre-answer-making-canucks-top-nine-work/

Podz will have a great season.  He'll establish himself as a heart and soul, invaluable member of the core.  He has a elite attitude and work ethic.  Leads by example both on and off the ice.  He's a leader and now a mentor for his fellow comrades.  He will spearhead the trio of high end Russian talent on this team....  The likes we haven't seen since Bure and Mogilny.

Expect just under a 60 point season.  With 100+ hits, 60+ blocks and 51% faceoffs.

Beast!!!!!

Mods... You may think it's to early but I vote to have a Podzilla (really just a Godzilla emoji?) added!  It's only a matter of time....

Let's go!!!!!!:towel:

gareth edwards godzilla GIF

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 3