The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

Well if that doesn’t get you jacked for Podkolzin I don’t know what will. This team is gonna be better than people think. I think we are a top 3 Dman away from being one of the best teams in the league 

nah man haven't you been keeping up? We're 2/4/6 years away form contending, are completely constructed improperly, and a Miller trade is our future. Pods, pfft. 

But yeah its nice to see Miller speak so highly of Podz, I'm sure its not lost on him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JM_ said:

nah man haven't you been keeping up? We're 2/4/6 years away form contending, are completely constructed improperly, and a Miller trade is our future. Pods, pfft. 

But yeah its nice to see Miller speak so highly of Podz, I'm sure its not lost on him. 

We have to line everything up exactly perfect. The perfect exact window. Then guess what don’t win a cup anyways :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Devron said:

Well if that doesn’t get you jacked for Podkolzin I don’t know what will. This team is gonna be better than people think. I think we are a top 3 Dman away from being one of the best teams in the league 

We need history to repeat itself and have Hockey Ops deliver a Christian Erhoff-type of deal to push the giant boulder over the pebble holding it back from rolling and crushing everything in its path.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

We have to line everything up exactly perfect. The perfect exact window. Then guess what don’t win a cup anyways :lol:

Jokes aside, I've been loving watching Podz grow up as a player and person. I think he can help take Klimovich under his wing in 2 years when Klim's ready to step up into the lineup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JM_ said:

Jokes aside, I've been loving watching Podz grow up as a player and person. I think he can help take Klimovich under his wing in 2 years when Klim's ready to step up into the lineup. 

Same and that’s just it. We have one of the best forward groups in the league and to think that doesn’t really include Podkolzin game potentially exploding 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, Devron said:

Same and that’s just it. We have one of the best forward groups in the league and to think that doesn’t really include Podkolzin game potentially exploding 

So have we planned the celebration route ?,

• Vintage 2

19 hours ago, JM_ said:

18 hours ago, Devron said:

That's how it goes guys.  If we trade Miller, EVERYTHING will work out perfectly.  Don't worry about it, it'll happen.  Just know that if we keep Miller, EVERYTHING will implode.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Sky is the limit for Podz. He could well bust through all the early predictions for his career and be a top 4 or 5 forward on this team. His attitude and work ethics

are impeccable. He ended the season strong and I would expect him to keep progressing even more this season.

I agree. I literally think he could get anywhere from 30 to 75 points this year. He could be right up there with Pettersson as our best winger (if you consider Petey a winger) if he has a breakout year like some think he can.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I agree. I literally think he could get anywhere from 30 to 75 points this year. He could be right up there with Pettersson as our best winger (if you consider Petey a winger) if he has a breakout year like some think he can.

I think he still has a way to go to get to Petey Level, could get there eventually. I expect Petey will be above a pt/game this year something like 30 g 55 a 85 pts. 

• Like 1

Real good young player but would need a big lift in offensive creativity to become the teams top winger.  In terms of becoming one of the teams best all around players in the next 2-3 seasons factoring in defensive impacts that I can see.  Probably will be a better real life player than fantasy hockey superstar

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think he still has a way to go to get to Petey Level, could get there eventually. I expect Petey will be above a pt/game this year something like 30 g 55 a 85 pts. 

Agreed. I don't expect him to get 75 points, but I could see it in the realm of possibility. It's more likely he gets closer to 40 points IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed. I don't expect him to get 75 points, but I could see it in the realm of possibility. It's more likely he gets closer to 40 points IMO.

We'll see. It depends on who he plays with on a regular basis. Weren't Petey, Podkolzin and Hoglander developing into a solid line? 

• Cheers 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:23 PM, -AJ- said:

I think I'm just wary of overrating our young guns. I've spent so many years on CDC (as you have) and have seen so many excited fans for guys like Schroeder, Kassian, Shinkaruk, Cassels, etc., only to see those guys become much less than we hoped. I've sort of lowered my expectations of prospects to try to compensate for many years of overestimation.

I hear you on this. I'm generally skeptical myself, and always have been. When people were going gaga over the guys you mentioned (Gaudette and Juolevi also come to mind), I remained pretty stoic. Podz is on a different level though. He does everything the right way. He has one hell of a motor. You can see that fire in this game, in his eyes on camera, and in his mature approach to becoming better.

He actually has a similar skillset to Virtanen, but isn't looking for a free ride to Millionaireville and is prepared to work hard to get where he wants to be. Unfortunately I just don't see that elite-level talent in him, and I hope I'm wrong. His game is so full of intangibles that I think it will help drive his ice time, but ultimately I think a lack of true top-end skill will keep him from being the prolific player we are all hoping for. My hopeful projected ceiling: High-end 2nd liner with a strong 2-way game. Kind of like Horvat. 60-65 points a season.

My *realistic* expectations are pretty much in line with what you stated as far as Higgins/Pearson in their prime. Maybe around 50 points a season or so.

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I hear you on this. I'm generally skeptical myself, and always have been. When people were going gaga over the guys you mentioned (Gaudette and Juolevi also come to mind), I remained pretty stoic. Podz is on a different level though. He does everything the right way. He has one hell of a motor. You can see that fire in this game, in his eyes on camera, and in his mature approach to becoming better.

He actually has a similar skillset to Virtanen, but isn't looking for a free ride to Millionaireville and is prepared to work hard to get where he wants to be. Unfortunately I just don't see that elite-level talent in him, and I hope I'm wrong. His game is so full of intangibles that I think it will help drive his ice time, but ultimately I think a lack of true top-end skill will keep him from being the prolific player we are all hoping for. My hopeful projected ceiling: High-end 2nd liner with a strong 2-way game. Kind of like Horvat. 60-65 points a season.

My *realistic* expectations are pretty much in line with what you stated as far as Higgins/Pearson in their prime. Maybe around 50 points a season or so.

Winger version of Horvat with big contributions on the defensive side of the puck is what I see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Winger version of Horvat with big contributions on the defensive side of the puck is what I see.

Yup. I just think our fans might be disappointed. It doesn't mean he won't be a strong contributor - I have no doubt he will be, but I just don't think he will put up the lofty numbers people are hoping for. His strengths may somewhat lie elsewhere.

Edited by kloubek