The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

3 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Could wingers on their offside work well together?  Possibly put Jake with Bo and Pod.  Jake has had some decent shifts playing on his offside and Pod naturally shooting left off the RW, could be good?

I've been wanting Jake to be put on the LW for years.  Think he'd work better with EP40 than Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I've been wanting Jake to be put on the LW for years.  Think he'd work better with EP40 than Bo.

I just think Petey and Boeser have a thang going on though :P 

thats why I wonder if both wingers on their offside works

Edited by sonoman

33 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

Another thing to keep in mind: Hughes and EP40 are Oct/Nov birthdays who were turning 19 the year that they were drafted.  Podkolzin is still 17 for a few more days and is one of the younger guys in his draft. 

That means if Podkolzin was drafted in 2020 instead, he would be four months older than Hughes was when he got drafted.  If Podkolzin plays two more seasons in the KHL then make the jump around March 2021 once his season is over, he would've made the NHL as a 19 year old who's turning 20 -- same as Hughes this year.  EP40 made his debut a month before his 20th birthday.  Boeser played two years of college hockey after the draft and made the NHL a month after he turned 20.  So Podkolzin isn't behind our other young guns if he takes two years. 

It almost seems as though this has been a strategy going into the draft. It likely has nothing to do with their selections, but Virtanen and Juolevi were also 17 year old picks.