The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

48 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Podz just did an AMAZING through the legs pass to a player who had a wide open net, and the guy missed.  He keeps doing what he's doing, I see first line potential.

His passing has been top notch thru the tourny. His game translates to the NHL in a big way IMHO. Watch how his coach uses him. He is on the ice when it counts. 

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

The more I watch him, the more I think that's the best comparable for Podz.......though I think he's got more skill than Bo.

I see the similarities as well, but we haven't seen much to suggest that Podz will be a +25 goals scoring in the NHL so far. 

Podz is a terrific passer and with his hockey sense, I think his points will come as assists, rather than goals.  Seems to me that if he had NHL quality linemates, he would be killing it with those awesome passes.  I also think he has more of an edge than Bo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I see the similarities as well, but we haven't seen much to suggest that Podz will be a +25 goals scoring in the NHL so far. 

Podz is a terrific passer and with his hockey sense, I think his points will come as assists, rather than goals.  Seems to me that if he had NHL quality linemates, he would be killing it with those awesome passes.  I also think he has more of an edge than Bo.

I believe this as well. so many good looks for team mates that an NHL player would put away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Totally agree with the bolded. Very exciting prospect for us.

I have not seen the edge though that you reference. I do hope he has one though as we always need more of that.

30 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Totally agree with the bolded. Very exciting prospect for us.

I have not seen the edge though that you reference. I do hope he has one though as we always need more of that.

He has a very aggressive forecheck; far more than Bo.  I've seen some impressive hits as well.  He's 6'1 @ 190lbs already at 18yrs old.  I think he will end up being a player that can play the heavy game when needed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1