The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

If Podkolzin can finish off with a strong second half and retain minimum of 10 minutes a night I don't think we can say that it was bad for his development to play in the KHL. I think 10 minutes a night in the KHL is probably better than 15-18 minutes a night in the VHL.

7 hours ago, TGokou said:

If Podkolzin can finish off with a strong second half and retain minimum of 10 minutes a night I don't think we can say that it was bad for his development to play in the KHL. I think 10 minutes a night in the KHL is probably better than 15-18 minutes a night in the VHL.

Well, there is one thing, it sure hasn’t been gifted to him. Podkolzin has earned every minute in the KHL. I don’t think he’ll be showing any entitlement when he gets over here - but it would sure help to ease him in with Tryamkin here...

• Cheers 1

Wow. Pod all of the sudden putting up the numbers. I've been skeptical of the kid since we drafted him, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

For those watching the games, would you say there's been any sort of tangible difference in his game, or is it more a case of just not being snakebitten any more + more ice time?

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Wow. Pod all of the sudden putting up the numbers. I've been skeptical of the kid since we drafted him, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

For those watching the games, would you say there's been any sort of tangible difference in his game, or is it more a case of just not being snakebitten any more + more ice time?

I don’t watch their games but I do look at the stat sheets closely every game; Podz’s production, I would say, correlates with having new line-mates in Marchenko and Morozov (and of course more ice time).

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, TGokou said:

All that matters now is that he gets the off ice trainig  and practice that should go with a KHL club along with 10 plus minutes a night. 

He is hungry and fighting for minutes.  Production....  window dressing.  

He will get his opportunities next season and then the year after when he crosses the pond.  

I imagine him to be a fairly self driven competitor.  Hope he harnesses the frustration he is likely having atm and seizes the first chances he gets to grab a spot in Van.  

Rousell, Beagle and Sutter will all be gone when he gets here.  So spots in the bottom six will be up for grabs.  I know he will work his way up the lineup with time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

All that matters now is that he gets the off ice trainig  and practice that should go with a KHL club along with 10 plus minutes a night. 

He is hungry and fighting for minutes.  Production....  window dressing.  

He will get his opportunities next season and then the year after when he crosses the pond.  

I imagine him to be a fairly self driven competitor.  Hope he harnesses the frustration he is likely having atm and seizes the first chances he gets to grab a spot in Van.  

Rousell, Beagle and Sutter will all be gone when he gets here.  So spots in the bottom six will be up for grabs.  I know he will work his way up the lineup with time.  

I agree. Continue to work on his skating as his technique needs improvement from what I hear. Hopefully he comes back a much better skater.