The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 1/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, Silent Man said:

There is another angle to this story. 

When I came to Vancouver, I was 35 years old, mature man with family. And it was hard for me to adapt to North America life style .

Based on my experience, Vasilii will have to go through tough time adapting to life here. He will need all support he can get from management, media, fans and community.

Yep.

Pods is a teammate though- you know that.

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What can't this kid do?

Hits, plays good two way hockey, passes are insane, can score highlight real goals, and fights?

Damn Pods reminds me of a young Mark Messier.  He’s got a real nasty/mean streak, and combines that with size, high IQ, and lots of skill.  JB said he saw Pods as a support player, but I’m seeing a core piece.  Did we draft, again, the best player in the Pod’s draft?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Damn Pods reminds me of a young Mark Messier.  He’s got a real nasty/mean streak, and combines that with size, high IQ, and lots of skill.  JB said he saw Pods as a support player, but I’m seeing a core piece.  Did we draft, again, the best player in the Pod’s draft?  

Ewwwww!  Don't say that!  Use another comparable... please!

• Haha 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Said it previously.  If Podkolzin turns in to half the player Messier was, that's 3 cups and over 900 points in his career.

For all the flack we give Messier and rightfully so for his wasted time here, the guy was and is the epitome of a leader and he did literally anything to win and did it without caring who got in his way.  I'd take a bowlful of that in Podkolzin if that's his comparable.

Still don't like it.  Messier also cross checked Linden while Linden was basically crawling back to the bench injured in 1994.  That's NOT what I'd want Podz to be.

Pod comparisons to Messier were soooooo one month ago. 

But since this topic has flared up again I’ll standby my original opinion that stylistically, it’s not an off base comparison. Messier in is prime, say what you want about him, was a tremendous PITA to play against - before he came to Van to cash some big cheques. There are signs that Podz could be that for us. A less weasely Matt Tkachuk perhaps.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ewwwww!  Don't say that!  Use another comparable... please!

As a person, yeah Messier is a d-bag creeper. But you gotta admit he had one hell of a career. The comparison wasn't super exact in all likelihood. I don't think they meant it like Pod and Messier are the exact same player down to every little detail. Just that Pod reminds them of Messier.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

As a person, yeah Messier is a d-bag creeper. But you gotta admit he had one hell of a career. The comparison wasn't super exact in all likelihood. I don't think they meant it like Pod and Messier are the exact same player down to every little detail. Just that Pod reminds them of Messier.

Maybe has the same drive as mess?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1