The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We could use Podz play, and passion on Bo’s wing right now.  Did we get one of the best players in the draft again?  Skill, size, passion, compete, leadership, meanness.  Kids got the whole package needed to be not just a good player, but a great player.  He’s going to be the best bargain in the league on his ELC, when he gets here.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

I see a lot of the ex Oiler Ryan Smyth in Podz, but with the meanness of Messier.  I’m trying to think of a comparable Canuck from past years, but can’t come up with one.  Podz is really going to be something special.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I see a lot of the ex Oiler Ryan Smyth in Podz, but with the meanness of Messier.  I’m trying to think of a comparable Canuck from past years, but can’t come up with one.  Podz is really going to be something special.  

He's a smaller version of Todd Bertuzzi.  Left hand shot on the right side.  I can see him getting a lot of those dirty goals in front of the net on the PP but also coming down the right wing and driving hard to the net like Bertuzzi used to do.

8 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Great comparison! Except Russian and a little bigger.  Same huge heart, drive and leadership with a bit more skill then Stan?  

Way more skill than Steamer, but definitely similar heart, and love of competition.  

• Like 1