Recommended Posts

On 3/5/2020 at 1:21 PM, WHL rocks said:

He plays big in big tournaments.  World Jrs playoffs. 

 

Performs at most important time of year.

World juniors he was mediocre at best... It's actually since then he's improved

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

WTF ALMOST 25 MINS IN ICE TIME DA FK... At the beginning of the season he was getting less than 1 minute LOL. He must be doing well

Edited by DontMessMe
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

WTF ALMOST 25 MINS IN ICE TIME DA FK... At the beginning of the season he was getting less than 1 minute LOL. He must be doing well

3 ot...

 

Basically 2 games in one.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DS4quality said:

World juniors he was mediocre at best... It's actually since then he's improved

I thought he was far better than mediocre. His coach had him out on the PP and PK. He was playing a solid defensive game, usually the 3rd high. He is a physical player which Vancouver needs more of l

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of mention of Pod being an 18yo playing in the KHL, & that being good for development.. sounds good to me.. 

 

but for contrast, does anyone know how many other 18yo players are in / have been in the K? is it a rarity or pretty normal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

I see a lot of mention of Pod being an 18yo playing in the KHL, & that being good for development.. sounds good to me.. 

 

but for contrast, does anyone know how many other 18yo players are in / have been in the K? is it a rarity or pretty normal? 

More of a rarity; especially playing the huge minutes.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

work ethic, desire to win and talent are a few things that must come within to become a great player and boy am I seeing a promising young player here! I am beyond excited about pods! This kid is nearly NHL ready and fall 2021 we will be adding an impactful nhl ready top 6 rookie into our lineup at an ELC

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

More of a rarity; especially playing the huge minutes.

It is a rarity. But Pods is playing about 4 minutes per period lately - reasonable minutes, certainly respectable for an 18 year old, but not huge minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

It is a rarity. But Pods is playing about 4 minutes per period lately - reasonable minutes, certainly respectable for an 18 year old, but not huge minutes.

He played almost 25 minutes in their last game to sweep the series 4-0 I believe.

Edit: Oh nvm that was 3OT gotcha 

Edited by Petey40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

work ethic, desire to win and talent are a few things that must come within to become a great player and boy am I seeing a promising young player here! I am beyond excited about pods! This kid is nearly NHL ready and fall 2021 we will be adding an impactful nhl ready top 6 rookie into our lineup at an ELC

Maybe Sooner, like this year in the playoffs if we make it. What a huge boost that’d be for the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, DS4quality said:

World juniors he was mediocre at best... It's actually since then he's improved

His stat line was mediocre, but I was pretty impressed with his play.  He made some unbelievable passes, that, for whatever reasons, his teammates couldn't bury.  He looked like he had the skill and size to be a solid NHLer.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dungass said:

His stat line was mediocre, but I was pretty impressed with his play.  He made some unbelievable passes, that, for whatever reasons, his teammates couldn't bury.  He looked like he had the skill and size to be a solid NHLer.  

That's the one takeaway I actually noticed as well and I think I left a comment about it in this thread.  He was feeding guys with silky little subtle passes all over the ice in the offensive zone.  Sifting little area passes in to areas before guys were even there, feeding guys for open shots in the slot, It almost made me want to say that those are Pro-like passes but that kinda seems like an odd thing to say about a young player  but if those passes are to NHL players with NHL shots it could be a sign of some offensive potential for sure.  

 

 

Edited by The 5th Line
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 11:26 AM, 73 Percent said:

3 ot...

 

Basically 2 games in one.

Exactly. More like 12 minutes a game .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Exactly. More like 12 minutes a game .

12 mins would rank #7 among forwards for ice time in the Canucks last game. If before the season someone would have asked me if I would be happy with pod getting that kind of ice in the khl playoffs this season I would have answered that it would be great. And it is. 

Edited by J-P
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

You also have to consider the expansion draft.  If you keep both Boeser and Toffoli then you have to expose another forward.  MacEwen would need to be exposed.  At the rate he's playing he could be one of our better forwards next year.  So you don't want to lose him for nothing.  With a cheap contract he'd easily be on Seattle's list of players to take.

 

At the end of the day when everyone is healthy one of our forwards has to go.  Too many young guys up and coming to keep them all. 

That is horrible asset management to trade Boeser because you might lose MacEwen, if the Canucks only lose MacEwen I’m pretty sure the Canucks would be doing cartwheels because he can be replaced by someone in Utica very quickly and it’s not like he is going to be like when the Canucks lost Scott Walker to the Nashville expansion draft. I’m pretty sure Seattle would take Demko or Markstrom if either were exposed over Zack MacEwen who at best is a 3rd line player. Also I doubt the Canucks can afford to resign Toffoli unless he leaves a few million on the table with Markstrom and Tanev needing to be resigned and more important to the team and he can be replaced by Boeser. Canucks would be stupid to trade Boeser unless they can get Bowen Byran or Hampus Lindholm But I doubt either will happen.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.