The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

10 hours ago, DS4quality said:

World juniors he was mediocre at best... It's actually since then he's improved

I thought he was far better than mediocre. His coach had him out on the PP and PK. He was playing a solid defensive game, usually the 3rd high. He is a physical player which Vancouver needs more of l

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I see a lot of mention of Pod being an 18yo playing in the KHL, & that being good for development.. sounds good to me.. 

but for contrast, does anyone know how many other 18yo players are in / have been in the K? is it a rarity or pretty normal? 

24 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

I see a lot of mention of Pod being an 18yo playing in the KHL, & that being good for development.. sounds good to me.. 

but for contrast, does anyone know how many other 18yo players are in / have been in the K? is it a rarity or pretty normal? 

More of a rarity; especially playing the huge minutes.

• Cheers 1

work ethic, desire to win and talent are a few things that must come within to become a great player and boy am I seeing a promising young player here! I am beyond excited about pods! This kid is nearly NHL ready and fall 2021 we will be adding an impactful nhl ready top 6 rookie into our lineup at an ELC

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

More of a rarity; especially playing the huge minutes.

It is a rarity. But Pods is playing about 4 minutes per period lately - reasonable minutes, certainly respectable for an 18 year old, but not huge minutes.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

It is a rarity. But Pods is playing about 4 minutes per period lately - reasonable minutes, certainly respectable for an 18 year old, but not huge minutes.

He played almost 25 minutes in their last game to sweep the series 4-0 I believe.

Edit: Oh nvm that was 3OT gotcha 

Edited by Petey40

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

work ethic, desire to win and talent are a few things that must come within to become a great player and boy am I seeing a promising young player here! I am beyond excited about pods! This kid is nearly NHL ready and fall 2021 we will be adding an impactful nhl ready top 6 rookie into our lineup at an ELC

Maybe Sooner, like this year in the playoffs if we make it. What a huge boost that’d be for the roster. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, DS4quality said:

World juniors he was mediocre at best... It's actually since then he's improved

His stat line was mediocre, but I was pretty impressed with his play.  He made some unbelievable passes, that, for whatever reasons, his teammates couldn't bury.  He looked like he had the skill and size to be a solid NHLer.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Exactly. More like 12 minutes a game .

12 mins would rank #7 among forwards for ice time in the Canucks last game. If before the season someone would have asked me if I would be happy with pod getting that kind of ice in the khl playoffs this season I would have answered that it would be great. And it is. 

Edited by J-P
  • Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

You also have to consider the expansion draft.  If you keep both Boeser and Toffoli then you have to expose another forward.  MacEwen would need to be exposed.  At the rate he's playing he could be one of our better forwards next year.  So you don't want to lose him for nothing.  With a cheap contract he'd easily be on Seattle's list of players to take.

At the end of the day when everyone is healthy one of our forwards has to go.  Too many young guys up and coming to keep them all. 

That is horrible asset management to trade Boeser because you might lose MacEwen, if the Canucks only lose MacEwen I’m pretty sure the Canucks would be doing cartwheels because he can be replaced by someone in Utica very quickly and it’s not like he is going to be like when the Canucks lost Scott Walker to the Nashville expansion draft. I’m pretty sure Seattle would take Demko or Markstrom if either were exposed over Zack MacEwen who at best is a 3rd line player. Also I doubt the Canucks can afford to resign Toffoli unless he leaves a few million on the table with Markstrom and Tanev needing to be resigned and more important to the team and he can be replaced by Boeser. Canucks would be stupid to trade Boeser unless they can get Bowen Byran or Hampus Lindholm But I doubt either will happen.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

That is horrible asset management to trade Boeser because you might lose MacEwen, if the Canucks only lose MacEwen I’m pretty sure the Canucks would be doing cartwheels because he can be replaced by someone in Utica very quickly and it’s not like he is going to be like when the Canucks lost Scott Walker to the Nashville expansion draft. I’m pretty sure Seattle would take Demko or Markstrom if either were exposed over Zack MacEwen who at best is a 3rd line player. Also I doubt the Canucks can afford to resign Toffoli unless he leaves a few million on the table with Markstrom and Tanev needing to be resigned and more important to the team and he can be replaced by Boeser. Canucks would be stupid to trade Boeser unless they can get Bowen Byran or Hampus Lindholm But I doubt either will happen.

id trade Boeser for  Bowen byram that kids a stud 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

id trade Boeser for  Bowen byram that kids a stud 

Trade Boeser (for a 1st round pick maybe) and resign Toffoli. You get a similar player in Tafolli,  albeit older, and you get a younger prospect long term. We are supposed to have 6-7 prospect lined up in the prospect pool

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Trade Boeser (for a 1st round pick maybe) and resign Toffoli. You get a similar player in Tafolli,  albeit older, and you get a younger prospect long term. We are supposed to have 6-7 prospect lined up in the prospect pool

What do you mean "maybe"? Wow. Are you serious? It would take a hell of allot more to get Brock Boeser then a 1st round pick unless it was a guaranteed top 5. Even then , it would be a very hard sell , and you would probably have to add something to that. Just a first round pick would not get you Brock Boeser.  My God . 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

If we trade Bess (which I seriously doubt) it would be for a top pair D man of similar age.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Bess (which I seriously doubt) it would be for a top pair D man of similar age.  

Agreed. It would not be for a pick package that's for sure. They have a window now , and they won't be trading a top end sniper like Brock for a bag of down the road maybes . Won't happen. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1