The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Agreed. It would not be for a pick package that's for sure. They have a window now , and they won't be trading a top end sniper like Brock for a bag of down the road maybes . Won't happen. 

And we have Hughes here already.  Plus, Bone, Tryamkin, OJ, Woo, and Rafferty coming.  Eddy and Tanev are still players.  And Myers can PK with the best.  I think our 

D is looking good.  

• Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Agreed. It would not be for a pick package that's for sure. They have a window now , and they won't be trading a top end sniper like Brock for a bag of down the road maybes . Won't happen. 

Yeah, if we're trading Boeser or Virtanen, it's for a D on an ELC/bridge deal, not picks (at least not as the primary return).

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Bess (which I seriously doubt) it would be for a top pair D man of similar age.  

I wasn't suggesting that the value of Boeser is worth less than a first round pick. I mentioned a first to simply put a minimum value. We don't have a  first round pick in a very good draft. I'll leave others to speculate on value

13 hours ago, cuporbust said:

What do you mean "maybe"? Wow. Are you serious? It would take a hell of allot more to get Brock Boeser then a 1st round pick unless it was a guaranteed top 5. Even then , it would be a very hard sell , and you would probably have to add something to that. Just a first round pick would not get you Brock Boeser.  My God . 

Minnesota has two 1sts in 2020 just sayin’ 

Would “a hell of a lot more” be 2 1sts?

MIN

Boeser

VAN

1st ´20 (12OA20)

1st ´20 (24OA20) (PIT)

Edited by Me_

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Minnesota has two 1sts in 2020 just sayin’ 

Would “a hell of a lot more” be 2 1sts?

MIN

Boeser

VAN

1st ´20 (12OA20)

1st ´20 (24OA20) (PIT)

Considering what we paid for JT Miller a even at the time more established scorer on a better contract than Boeser. I would love it if he was worth that package but I highly doubt he is. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Considering what we paid for JT Miller a even at the time more established scorer on a better contract than Boeser. I would love it if he was worth that package but I highly doubt he is. 

Your statement is perfectly accurate.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What I take most from this is that if those are direct quotes through text, then it's good to his English is coming along nicely. Unless of course he simply used Google translate, but I think it would be noticable.

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

What I take most from this is that if those are direct quotes through text, then it's good to his English is coming along nicely. Unless of course he simply used Google translate, but I think it would be noticable.

Dunno man... Google Translate’s pretty good....

Cant wait to see this guy in the lineup. I sense another relentless Miller/Toffoli type with an unknown ceiling.

Can’t have enough of those.

All I’m saying is, man.... Benning...

Edited by Me_

20 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Trade Boeser (for a 1st round pick maybe) and resign Toffoli. You get a similar player in Tafolli,  albeit older, and you get a younger prospect long term. We are supposed to have 6-7 prospect lined up in the prospect pool

boeser is worth much more maybe top 5 pick and a decent prospect id trade  pearson horvat toffoli before i traded brock and  if i dint have to i wouldnt trade thoughs guys either 

There's no way we trade Boeser. He solidifies our top 6.
Really looking forward to our winger depth when Podkolzin and Hoglander come up. Trading Boeser circumvents that.

Edited by NaveJoseph
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

boeser is worth much more maybe top 5 pick and a decent prospect id trade  pearson horvat toffoli before i traded brock and  if i dint have to i wouldnt trade thoughs guys either 

No way am I advocating a Boeser trade.

However.

Without counting the 9 games Boeser played at the end of ‘16-‘17, he has played three seasons. That’s 233 possible games. He’s played 188 and missed 45 due to injury. Boeser has missed 19% of games due to injury.

Horvat came up in 2014. That’s 479 games ago. He has missed a total of 33 games. He’s played twice as long as Boeser and has missed less games; 7% of possible games missed. 

Would you like to revisit your statement regarding Captain Bo Horvat?

Edited by Me_

7 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

LOL 2 years ago, Boeser was the toast of the town, "he's such an elite player", "untouchable" yadda yadda, now the same CDCers have trade proposals lined up

Well he’s still toasty :)