The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

No way am I advocating a Boeser trade.

However.

Without counting the 9 games Boeser played at the end of ‘16-‘17, he has played three seasons. That’s 233 possible games. He’s played 188 and missed 45 due to injury. Boeser has missed 19% of games due to injury.

Horvat came up in 2014. That’s 479 games ago. He has missed a total of 33 games. He’s played twice as long as Boeser and has missed less games; 7% of possible games missed. 

Would you like to revisit your statement regarding Captain Bo Horvat?

injuries happen just because horvats healthy doesnt mean he cant get hurt soo brocks injuries change nothing hes got elite sniper upside soo ya it changes nothing in my mind

I think it is interesting that even with limited development this year, Benning still said back at the trade deadline that the plan would be for Podkolzin to jump right to the NHL when his KHL contract expires, and didn’t use the normal “like any young player it is up to him to earn a spot” mantra we have always heard.

I think they have him planned and penned into the lineup as soon as he can, and he will have to lose that spot.  Part of that is maybe that he plays a type of game where he can be an effective 3rd liner and work his way up, kind of like how Horvat was the type of player who could do that.  Some of the more pure skill guys may have to wait and develop more before getting a chance because they don’t fit as well in a bottom six role.

I would very much like to see Hoglander get a real shot this season on the 3rd line so he can gain Green’s trust... and then add Podkolzin to that line the year after.  With Gaudette as their centre that is a gritty and skilled kid line that could do damage and has enough defensive presence to not hurt you in your own end.

• Upvote 1

SKA will play Jokerit from Helsinki, Finland in the 2nd round of playoffs. First game is going to be on March 17 in St.Petersburg. Legendary Jary Kurri who is president of the Jokerit club since 2013 says that SKA is their main opponent in the KHL and this is very good for hockey to have the SKA-Jokerit playoff matchup.

marjamjaki.jpg

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

i would say perfect winger for Petey... eventually.

I see a lot of young players as potentially good fits with Pettersson. That shows how elite Pettersson's hockey sense is; we can throw virtually anyone with him and expect them to become offensive forces. 

One of the true traits of a great player is the ability to make other players around him better. It's one of the reasons I favour Crosby over Ovechkin in that particular debate. 

5 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I see a lot of young players as potentially good fits with Pettersson. That shows how elite Pettersson's hockey sense is; we can throw virtually anyone with him and expect them to become offensive forces. 

One of the true traits of a great player is the ability to make other players around him better. It's one of the reasons I favour Crosby over Ovechkin in that particular debate. 

See I’m a fan of both but I favour Ovie for the flash. But I’ll counter your statement by saying whatever people you put on Ovie’S line he will still rip goals into the net, hence getting others points

Edited by Dats hockey

4 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

See I’m a fan of both but I favour Ovie for the flash. But I’ll counter your statement by saying whatever people you put on Ovie’S line he will still rip goals into the net, hence getting others points

Ovechkin will bump up other player's totals, but not to the same degree as Crosby.

Ovechkin has played with prime playmakers (Backstrom/Kuznetsov) for a reason. Crosby has played with relative plugs (Kunitz/Dupuis) for far longer and much more consistently. 

As a lesser example, Boeser's scoring dried up when he moved down to the 3rd line. Virtanen's scoring jumped up after playing with Pettersson. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

As a lesser example, Boeser's scoring dried up when he moved down to the 3rd line. Virtanen's scoring jumped up after playing with Pettersson. 

Much like any winger the Twins had

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Ovechkin will bump up other player's totals, but not to the same degree as Crosby.

Ovechkin has played with prime playmakers (Backstrom/Kuznetsov) for a reason. Crosby has played with relative plugs (Kunitz/Dupuis) for far longer and much more consistently. 

I don’t think Ovie’s scoring is drying up sorry

23 hours ago, canuktravella said:

exactly bunch of morons  holy f unbelievable 

This is a way to sign Toffoli as a FA , he replaces Boeser ( ie no cost to the club ) and then using the opportunity to garner maybe a first class D or a couple of picks for spots we may be weak in. This is not rocket science. Maybe the Wild would give up Dumba or like

Edited by Fred65

22 hours ago, Provost said:

I think it is interesting that even with limited development this year, Benning still said back at the trade deadline that the plan would be for Podkolzin to jump right to the NHL when his KHL contract expires, and didn’t use the normal “like any young player it is up to him to earn a spot” mantra we have always heard.

I think they have him planned and penned into the lineup as soon as he can, and he will have to lose that spot.  Part of that is maybe that he plays a type of game where he can be an effective 3rd liner and work his way up, kind of like how Horvat was the type of player who could do that.  Some of the more pure skill guys may have to wait and develop more before getting a chance because they don’t fit as well in a bottom six role.

I would very much like to see Hoglander get a real shot this season on the 3rd line so he can gain Green’s trust... and then add Podkolzin to that line the year after.  With Gaudette as their centre that is a gritty and skilled kid line that could do damage and has enough defensive presence to not hurt you in your own end.

I believe it's based on talent but also based on the fact he's a top pick on our team that they want to MAKE SURE  ones over from the KHL. This pick will look horrible (especially in our market) if he decides to stick over in the KHL, so I think they want to give him the easy route into the NHL and are repeatedly making it clear to Podz and his camp.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

I believe it's based on talent but also based on the fact he's a top pick on our team that they want to MAKE SURE  ones over from the KHL. This pick will look horrible (especially in our market) if he decides to stick over in the KHL, so I think they want to give him the easy route into the NHL and are repeatedly making it clear to Podz and his camp.

That is a great angle I wasn’t really thinking about.

A bit of Russian factor involved.  He will probably be good enough anyways.

4 hours ago, .Naslund said:

Pods is a hyper competitive athlete, much like Petey.  He wants to challenge himself against the best.  There is zero chance he stays in the KHL.  He’s a future Canuck’s star.  

• Upvote 3