Recommended Posts

I wanna see him earn a spot on 4th line and work his way up. 

He's versatile like that. And I think that's how we would best find out how to utilize him. 

 

I don't agree with making him a one-dimensional top 6 fwd right off the bat.

 

I would love to have a left handed Mark Stone on our team. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the2019  U-18 gold medal game and sure am impressed with Vasily. Just dominating his age group. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Watching the2019  U-18 gold medal game and sure am impressed with Vasily. Just dominating his age group. 

Same.

 

Hes so strong on his skates. Loves driving to the net even when it looks like he’s got no lane.

 

Will be nice addition to our top 9 in a few years.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, DeNiro said:

...........Hes so strong on his skates. Loves driving to the net even when it looks like he’s got no lane.

 

Will be nice addition to our top 9 in a few years.

I was stoked when they called his name at the draft. Upon discussing Canuck drafts the day after at work, most of my coworkers thought otherwise. The reasons being him under contract and 'Nucks luck with Russian players. I said, "Are you kidding me? Did you even watch any of the WJC games involving Team Russia? That kid rocks!"

 

I say let's get Podz signed, sealed, and delivered as soon as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NexusRift said:

I was stoked when they called his name at the draft. Upon discussing Canuck drafts the day after at work, most of my coworkers thought otherwise. The reasons being him under contract and 'Nucks luck with Russian players. I said, "Are you kidding me? Did you even watch any of the WJC games involving Team Russia? That kid rocks!"

 

I say let's get Podz signed, sealed, and delivered as soon as possible. 

The best thing about Podkolzin IMO is he hasn't signed an ELC. He's doing his apprenticeship on some one else's  dime. He'll still be on his ELC when the Canucks are SC contenders

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The best thing about Podkolzin IMO is he hasn't signed an ELC. He's doing his apprenticeship on some one else's  dime. He'll still be on his ELC when the Canucks are SC contenders

I find it crazy that teams saw that as a detractor rather than a positive.

 

Having a player on an ELC until they’re 23 is a huge plus.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I find it crazy that teams saw that as a detractor rather than a positive.

 

Having a player on an ELC until they’re 23 is a huge plus.

and RFA until he's 27. Its pretty much ideal for where the Canucks are at. 

 

Podz is going to be another guy people are going to say should have gone top 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The best thing about Podkolzin IMO is he hasn't signed an ELC. He's doing his apprenticeship on some one else's  dime. He'll still be on his ELC when the Canucks are SC contenders

Another reason I won't be too upset if Hoglander plays in Sweden rather than the AHL next year either ;)

Edited by aGENT
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I find it crazy that teams saw that as a detractor rather than a positive.

 

Having a player on an ELC until they’re 23 is a huge plus.

I'm sure some teams considered the risk of him potentially using the out of heading back to the KHL at any point if things don't go his way as a negative. Also some teams perhaps feel they prefer to develop their players in their own system. But I think the big factor is that he wasn't putting up massive point totals, so some probably felt he's more like a 3rd line type player rather than a top 6 guy. Also based on the picks made, I think teams emphasized on centers and defense being the more valuable position.

 

Thankfully they're mostly fools and letting Pod drop to us.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 6:41 AM, LowerMainLander18 said:

I wanna see him earn a spot on 4th line and work his way up. 

He's versatile like that. And I think that's how we would best find out how to utilize him. 

 

I don't agree with making him a one-dimensional top 6 fwd right off the bat.

 

I would love to have a left handed Mark Stone on our team. 

It’s a good idea as he would fit well there to start. May want to bump him to 3rd for more mins:

 

Podkolzin Gaudette Virtanen

 

That would be a good line to grow on.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 2:03 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/redoing-the-2019-nhl-draft-how-would-it-unfold-today

 

Very early for a redraft but fun to look at in these times. Podkolzin jumps a spot and Hoglander jumps to 18.

Early days but very cool to see.  Basically two first rounders that year offsets the one we gave up for Miller (Which was a great deal).  Things looking good in Canuck land once things pick back up.

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Interesting way to look at it. Höglander could be considered our 2019 first rounder. And Podkolzin, being so young, and with the KHL contract delay, our 2020 first rounder. Not bad for back-to-back drafts.
 

So we basically got Miller for free. ;) 

In that world, Miller was our 2019 2nd round pick.

And I think JB shoulda done better.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, DeNiro said:

Will be nice addition to our top 9 in a few years.

A few years? Much sooner than that. Either whenever the next KHL season ends or at the start of the 2021-2022 season.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.