The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

• 2 weeks later...

SKA (and Podkolzin) are going to participate soon in the Sochi Hockey Open tournament.

Aug 4 - SKA vs Lokomotiv

Aug 6 - SKA vs Russian U20 junior team

Aug 7 - Sochi vs SKA

Aug 8 - 3rd place, final

There was also planned to be Avangard, Omsk but the team cancelled its participation due to covid-19 case with one of their players.

• Cheers 1

Hmm, “fake news” assertion from a Russian source. Who to believe? :frantic:

I think SKA finished their camp anyway, so they wouldn’t actually need to shut it down.

Maybe they just shut down training facilities temporarily?

I’m sure Rick has a KHL source that told him something was up. Doesn’t seem like “fake news.” Maybe just a minor reporting error or something lost in translation.

Also, plenty of other KHL teams are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks, and I believe a few have had to suspend camps.

Not sure what this all means for the Sochi preseason tournament in August. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

SKA (and Podkolzin) are going to participate soon in the Sochi Hockey Open tournament.

Aug 4 - SKA vs Lokomotiv

Aug 7 - Sochi vs SKA

Aug 8 - 3rd place, final

There was also planned to be Avangard, Omsk but the team cancelled its participation due to covid-19 case with one of their players.

So does Podz play for Russia or his Team Aug 6th?

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hmm, “fake news” assertion from a Russian source. Who to believe? :frantic:

I think SKA finished their camp anyway, so they wouldn’t actually need to shut it down.

Maybe they just shut down training facilities temporarily?

I’m sure Rick has a KHL source that told him something was up. Doesn’t seem like “fake news.” Maybe just a minor reporting error or something lost in translation.

Also, plenty of other KHL teams are dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks, and I believe a few have had to suspend camps.

Not sure what this all means for the Sochi preseason tournament in August. 

Leave it for a reporter to not fact check or ensure accurate information before passing it onto the public. Dhaliwal seemed so promising when he first started and has been dragged through the mud like the rest unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, CR7 said:

So does Podz play for Russia or his Team Aug 6th?

Podkolzin will play for his club SKA. I was actually wrong with the U20 team - this is so called Olympic U20 Russian team, not the official Russian National U20 junior team which is going to play in the world championship. Interesting to note that Igor Larionov is head coach of this Olympic team, good chance that he would be next head coach of the Russian U20 junior team.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Podkolzin will play for his club SKA. I was actually wrong with the U20 team - this is so called Olympic U20 Russian team, not the official Russian National U20 junior team which is going to play in the world championship. Interesting to note that Igor Larionov is head coach of this Olympic team, good chance that he would be next head coach of the Russian U20 junior team.

The Professor is going to want his Podz.

On 7/28/2020 at 9:27 PM, Stierlitz said:

Aug 4 - SKA vs Lokomotiv

Aug 7 - Sochi vs SKA

Aug 8 - 3rd place, final

20 Avangard players got covid-19. The team is quarantined. Former Canuck Linden Vey signed with them but hasn't arrived in Russia yet.

No word if Canucks prospect Manukyan is one of the 20 who have contracted the virus.

Positive note Podz had 2 goals in his last scrimmage game before heading to Sochi for tourney.

• Cheers 1