The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

This is depressing, makes sense though. Why do the kid a favour if he's leaving. 

Maybe because he is currently playing on their team, and the better he is, the more useful he is to them. I find it hard to believe that they would cut off their nose to spite their face, but some people do choose to do stupid things.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Maybe because he is currently playing on their team, and the better he is, the more useful he is to them. I find it hard to believe that they would cut off their nose to spite their face, but some people do choose to do stupid things.

It's fine. It will make it all the more fun when he shows up here and the usual suspects clamor on about him being 'only a bottom 6 player in an inferior league' while he earns a solid middle 6 role near right out of the gate :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's fine. It will make it all the more fun when he shows up here and the usual suspects clamor on about him being 'only a bottom 6 player in an inferior league' while he earns a solid middle 6 role near right out of the gate :lol:

You know what gets me about the pod panic? He was getting like less than 2 mins of ice time last year and no one said boo. Now after clear improvement everyone is losing their minds.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You know what gets me about the pod panic? He was getting like less than 2 mins of ice time last year and no one said boo. Now after clear improvement everyone is losing their minds.

Oh, people were losing their minds last year as well :lol:

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

This is depressing, makes sense though. Why do the kid a favour if he's leaving. 

It's actually doing us a favor imo - if they treat him this way in the KHL he'll surely GTFO of there ASAP and come here. 

He's still getting more practice and game action over there (even if it's limited shifts) than he would with most of the leagues here shut down and/or delayed until who knows? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

It's actually doing us a favor imo - if they treat him this way in the KHL he'll surely GTFO of there ASAP and come here. 

He's still getting more practice and game action over there (even if it's limited shifts) than he would with most of the leagues here shut down and/or delayed until who knows? 

Yeah, he was considered NHL ready when we drafted him. Just sucks to see him not playing. As a former, very unsuccessful athlete, I would hate to be on a team and not be playing. And that was me at a high school level. Can't imagine how annoying it'd be to be playing professionally and not get many looks, although getting paid to sit around during games ain't all bad. It is what it is as McCann would say. I am excited for him to come over and help revamp our 3rd line then hopefully develop into a beast top 6 player. I still love his upside and I doubt his KHL minutes will derail his development. At worst it'll slow it down. Most of what's holding him back he can work on in practice. The rest the team can work on with him when he arrives. So if they wanna spite themselves cause the kid wants to be in the NHL that's their business. Let em be bush league.

8 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

wtf, they didnt shut down the league after this...

i'm surprised as hell the game didn't get cancelled!  WTF!!! It means Podkolzin was in contact with at least 10 players who are now sitting out because of "covid 19"  he also had some sort of contact with the opposing team, wtf is the KHL doing!  shut this thing down now!  Their so called vaccine is obviously not working .

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1