The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

10 hours ago, Fred65 said:

There again he could suffer life long respiratory problems ..... which is not good for a elite athlete

I think really healthy people (such as athletes) tend to fare very well with Covid. But knowing that isnt enough security for my liking. We still don't know enough about long term effects, and even short term ones can ravage the body.

All in the name of business I guess.  Curious what Podkolzin's actual thoughts are on this. Must be terrifying.

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You love to see it!  

On the topic of KHL and covid, it's scary to see from a North American perspective where everybody's scared to death.  I'm no anti-masker or anything, but I do think that people's fears are hyper-inflated because the last year has played out in the media like a zombie apocalypse.  

The seating at the KHL games is no worst then the seating on planes if you're flying, with the difference being that air is re-circulated on the airplane.  I get it, travel is more essential then watching hockey, but at some point we'll have to start living more normal lives.  

Just a bit of devil's advocate here. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You love to see it!  

On the topic of KHL and covid, it's scary to see from a North American perspective where everybody's scared to death.  I'm no anti-masker or anything, but I do think that people's fears are hyper-inflated because the last year has played out in the media like a zombie apocalypse.  

The seating at the KHL games is no worst then the seating on planes if you're flying, with the difference being that air is re-circulated on the airplane.  I get it, travel is more essential then watching hockey, but at some point we'll have to start living more normal lives.  

Just a bit of devil's advocate here. 

At this point I just assume this wont be going away lol.

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You love to see it! 

Definitely.

Glad to see him show a willingness to throw hands. Podz probably needs to work a bit on his fighting technique, but he showed that he has a solid chin (he ate a stiff punch about five seconds in and it didn’t faze him much) and some good strength and balance, staying on his feet, and finishing with the takedown.

I don’t know much about his opponent (#86 Nikita Dynyak), but stats say he’s around 6’ 0” and 185 lbs, so he’s not the biggest guy. But he also puts up fairly high PIM numbers, so probably a player who mixes it up fairly regularly.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Would rather he didn’t drop the mitts and play hard without risking it in fights. I think he skill set is well above that level.

That said I do think it’s good to see he is prepared to do it to prove there is bite to the bark, however would hope it’s the exception and not a frequent thing 

23 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely.

Glad to see him show a willingness to throw hands. Podz probably needs to work a bit on his fighting technique, but he showed that he has a solid chin (he ate a stiff punch about five seconds in and it didn’t faze him much) and some good strength and balance, staying on his feet, and finishing with the takedown.

I don’t know much about his opponent (#86 Nikita Dynyak), but stats say he’s around 6’ 0” and 185 lbs, so he’s not the biggest guy. But he also puts up fairly high PIM numbers, so probably a player who mixes it up fairly regularly.

Nikita Dynyak was measured at only 6'0 and 185 lbs, but that was before the miracle growth spurt that affected all the KHL players that was reported earlier this month. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:56 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

according to KHL fans, the leauge is aware of covid 19 among the other teams and players and have no intentions of letting it effect the season.

r.i.p.

I'm not sure that the KHL could ride out a lost season, or not having fans in the buildings. They have been having too many issues with their finances to let games run in empty buildings. Would likely kill a significant number of teams in the league.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

according to KHL fans, the leauge is aware of covid 19 among the other teams and players and have no intentions of letting it effect the season.

r.i.p.

The league president Morozov in an interview this week confirmed that already 219 players tested positive:  

https://en.khl.ru/news/2020/09/23/473412.html

How do you assess the overall situation? Doesn’t it feel like it’s getting out of control?

You can see for yourself that this is a complicated situation. But it is by no means out of our control. And here I would like to express my gratitude to our clubs and their directors, who have shown great understanding of the position we are in. Players are having to miss games, including some of our top stars. However, the teams keep playing, calling up juniors and reserve players. The league and the clubs are working to a single aim and when everyone understands the task at hand and does everything asked of them, we can overcome our shared difficulties.

Right now, how many players have officially had a positive test for COVID-19?

As of Wednesday evening, we have confirmed positive tests for 87 people, 132 others have recovered.

Could there be a situation where the championship has to be paused for some time? What would cause that to happen?

I answered this question a week ago. At present, we are not considering this as an option. Of course, the pandemic is a complicated situation, and nobody can predict how it might develop, but as of now there is no need to suspend the championship. And there is no need to get ahead of ourselves: we act according to the situation we face.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Glad to see him show a willingness to throw hands. Podz probably needs to work a bit on his fighting technique,

This just in .....

Canucks have signed Brandon Prust and assigned him to St Petersburg to give boxing lessons to Podz

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Too funny googlie,.  But maybe a summer with Rypiiens dad in the barn ;)

.. past words I’m going to stand by on this young man after watching hilites of him over the past 2 seasons:

•plays tenacious like Stan Smyl 

•funnels and attacks the net like Pavel Bure

•will be a Calder Cup contender

• is going to be everything we have been hoping for in Jake

Really look forward to his game in the NHL.

I hope you're right but we should also be prepared of a season of him being healthy scratched a lot and getting 4th line minutes.  We gotta temper our expectations a little bit, we've been spoiled by Boeser, Elias and Quinn! 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:56 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

r.i.p.

Sweden never shutdown and they have over 45% herd immunity...maybe Russia is doing the same thing to get immunity?

fyi, Sweden may not have a second wave because of its immunity. 

The death rate is a more important stat if you are concerned.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1