1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Oh yeah, that's right, you are one of the "realistic fans". I think that poster was referring to positive posts about members of the Canucks organization, something that we do not see from you. Just to confirm, I looked at your page to check, and did not find a single positive post from you. Just a lot of whining and "stupid face" responses to posts from Canucks fans.

I make plenty of positive posts about Petey, Marky, Motte, Tanev, Hughes or anybody that's playing well that game. People like you just hate it when I say somebody is not playing up to their potential. Those guys just happen to do the little things that win you games far more often than anybody else not on the team. 

Not everybody on the team deserves praise 100% of the time and we are here to discuss how they play hockey. Sorry if that offends you. 

I think Podkolzin really needs that confidence boost in the VHL.  

SKA has really found ways to tear him down as a player.  Hopefully tbh, he stays in the VHL for a while instead of being yo-yo in and out of the lineup.  Let him play lots in all situations in the VHL grow his game.  Should he make his way back to the KHL thats fine, but I rather have him getting in as many reps as possible until we are able to sign him and take him away from what seems like a toxic culture with the SKA parent club.

• Hydration 1

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think Podkolzin really needs that confidence boost in the VHL.  

SKA has really found ways to tear him down as a player.  Hopefully tbh, he stays in the VHL for a while instead of being yo-yo in and out of the lineup.  Let him play lots in all situations in the VHL grow his game.  Should he make his way back to the KHL thats fine, but I rather have him getting in as many reps as possible until we are able to sign him and take him away from what seems like a toxic culture with the SKA parent club.

Don't know if it's true or not, but this seems like an extreme take on things. Perhaps he's just not consistent enough to be with the big club full time yet as a 19 year old and needs a confidence boost. I don't think anyone here would say it's a toxic environment had we done that here with a young player. It's simply a growing process.

Of course there may be behind the scenes issues, but I haven't really heard much officially about it.

My concern level is going up with this player. I know he is young and not every player breaks out right away and he could just be a late bloomer but if there saying that he isn’t working hard enough then that is a big red flag. This guy was a  top 10 pick and right now I’m not seeing him justified for that spot. We already blew two top ten picks in Olli and Jake so this kid needs to turn into a legit top 6 player. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Wat 6

2 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

My concern level is going up with this player. I know he is young and not every player breaks out right away and he could just be a late bloomer but if there saying that he isn’t working hard enough then that is a big red flag. This guy was a  top 10 pick and right now I’m not seeing him justified for that spot. We already blew two top ten picks in Olli and Jake so this kid needs to turn into a legit top 6 player. I hope I’m wrong. 

He is a young kid playing in a men's league, a league where older players usually get ice time. Good thing is if that is he they talk about him and view him it is highly likely the player will leave when his contract is up and come to north america. Pod can be sheltered for the rest of this year, getting lots of practice time and then easing him into the line up. 

Not every prospect can be a Hughes or Pistol Pete. I am not worried yet as the kid is young, let's see what kind of shape he shows up in and how motivated he is once he is here

Hopefully things get back on track once he is over here in a few months.

I am happy that he will be under Larionov on the national team soon.

1 hour ago, High and Inside said:

When did they say he isn't working hard enough?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

He is a young kid playing in a men's league, a league where older players usually get ice time. Good thing is if that is he they talk about him and view him it is highly likely the player will leave when his contract is up and come to north america. Pod can be sheltered for the rest of this year, getting lots of practice time and then easing him into the line up. 

Not every prospect can be a Hughes or Pistol Pete. I am not worried yet as the kid is young, let's see what kind of shape he shows up in and how motivated he is once he is here

That’s a valid reply. I’m not totally writing him off but he needs to round out his game more. Even in the World Juniors last year I expected him to dominate a little more. Definitely he could still

become a great player. 

12 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

The GM of his Russian team said that in Dhaliwals extended twitter post. 

Doesn't sound like they are implying that he isn't working hard, but rather suggesting that he shouldn't be discouraged by being sent down and continue to work hard. Just sounds like he wants him to get more minutes there as he will be representing the National Junior team and he might not get the regular minutes as a 19 year old in the men's league.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Doesn't sound like they are implying that he isn't working hard, but rather suggesting that he shouldn't be discouraged by being sent down and continue to work hard. Just sounds like he wants him to get more minutes there as he will be representing the National Junior team and he might not get the regular minutes as a 19 year old in the men's league.

Quotes can get misunderstood. It can be read into different ways. Hopefully he becomes a meaningful player for us. 

• Wat 4

1 hour ago, High and Inside said:

Quotes can get misunderstood. It can be read into different ways. Hopefully he becomes a meaningful player for us. 

So you're the guy that reads.....he is playing well, but not scoring and can see that is not what the coach said............

Because, you know........you can read between the lines! Good Job! :picard:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

The sooner Podz is done in Russia and in Vancouver the better

Yeah, but can we afford him? Right now we can't afford to fill the Coke machine or buy tape.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

The sooner Podz is done in Russia and in Vancouver the better

Really? You figure it would be better for his development to be sitting around in Vancouver doing nothing, wondering if and when the NHL is ever going to start up again, rather than playing in Russia?

10 hours ago, High and Inside said:

Yes, quotes can be misunderstood if one tries hard enough. The way you did.