The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Can be hard to find solid Russian character and leadership.

Especially ones that can bring that Burrows/Kesler like game we could use in the top 6. A guy that does the dirty work for good players at a high level.  The ultimate complementary player though I suspect Pod can be that and then some.

What we wish Virtanen to be and what Lind could be as well. Good future in that regard of forward style with Pod/Lind and hopefully Virtanen.

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Deja vu all over again. Pods is not getting much ice time, goes off to play in a tournament, does great, comes back to KHL, coach is impressed with his tournament play and gives him better ice time and he blossoms. Didn't we just do this last year?

Great template for the Nucks management on how to get the most and the least from Podz.  He'll be in his element once he arrives here.  Mark my words... He will change the dynamic in the locker room from a high skill, fast with potential, to high skill, fast, aggressive forecheck,  that's hard to play against team.  Much more well rounded and can compete with any team in the league.  That's the difference Podz will make all on his own.  He's the best complement this forward group could have in my opinion.  Höglander is just the icing on the cake!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I can't wait for Podz to get over to Vancouver. 

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin 

I think this line could be incredible. JT is so good at retrieving pucks and winning battles it is perfect for Podkolzin to play along side him. Pod does this very well and has enough skills and IQ to play along side Petey. Could be a great puck possession line.

Then after this season

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser 

Edited by Outsiders
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

He will also be a very big man when all is said and done. His neck is a little freaky for a 19yo. I am seeing an Ovi style player, obviously Podz doesn’t have Ovi’s elite skill, but he does use quick thinking skill and timing to take advantage of the reckless style he attacks with. It just keeps coming up for me as a totally biased, homer, blue and green coloured glasses comparison.
go Nucks go

Edited by reyezone
Grammar

18 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Deja vu all over again. Pods is not getting much ice time, goes off to play in a tournament, does great, comes back to KHL, coach is impressed with his tournament play and gives him better ice time and he blossoms. Didn't we just do this last year?

But yet we have a handful of posters who know little about hockey and next to nothing about the day to day in Russia yammering on about his deployment as if they even understand a shred of what's going on. :frantic: Funny stuff. 

18 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

But yet we have a handful of posters who know little about hockey and next to nothing about the day to day in Russia yammering on about his deployment as if they even understand a shred of what's going on. :frantic: Funny stuff. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, reyezone said:

He will also be a very big man when all is said and done. His neck is a little freaky for a 19yo. I am seeing an Ovi style player, obviously Podz doesn’t have Ovi’s elite skill, but he does use quick thinking skill and timing to take advantage of the reckless style he attacks with. It just keeps coming up for me as a totally biased, homer, blue and green coloured glasses comparison.
go Nucks go

I believe he has grown 2-3 inches since we drafted him..  pretty sure he was listed at 6 even at the draft..  now running 6’3

• Like 1