The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On the KHL website he is listed as 192 cm which is just under 6’4”.

I thought it was a mistake too, but that’s two sources now claiming that height.

So either Elitelrospects is simply referencing the KHL websites incorrect height, or the other sites have it wrong.

Just from the eye test he doesn’t look 6’4” to me. Maybe if they measure him on skates...

That was my thought as well.

@Stierlitz I'm going with his team's website https://www.ska.ru/en/team/player/172/

Edited by Chickenspear

Podkolzin was 6’ 0.75” and 196 lbs at the 2019 Draft Combine.

That’s probably the last truly accurate measurement we can trust.

But at that time, a number of scouts commented on the size of his hands.

(Like adopting a puppy with big paws, you need to plan on ending up with a very big dog.)

It’s possible he’s 6’ 4” now. I certainly expected him to keep growing and eventually end up a few inches taller. Maybe not quite this fast, but I do think a fully matured Podkolzin will be somewhere in the 6’ 3” to 6’ 4” range and around 220 lbs. 

EDIT: But still, I think right now he’s probably 6’ 2” ish and 200+ lbs.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Podkolzin was 6’ 0.75” and 196 lbs at the 2019 Draft Combine.

That’s probably the last truly accurate measurement we can trust.

(Like adopting a puppy with big paws, you need to plan on ending up with a very big dog.)

It’s possible he’s 6’ 4” now. I certainly expected him to keep growing and eventually end up a few inches taller. Maybe not quite this fast, but I do think a fully matured Podkolzin will be somewhere in the 6’ 3” to 6’ 4” range and around 220 lbs. 

EDIT: But still, I think right now he’s probably 6’ 2” ish and 200+ lbs.

Pot-Goal-Zin

6'5" 

247 PDs

At age 26 and destroying everyone and everything the Russian malamute

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

(Like adopting a puppy with big paws, you need to plan on ending up with a very big dog)

Wow! That's so funny because me and my family went for a walk today, and we saw a puppy with these gigantic paws. My dad said, "wow, that's going to be a very big dog", and I kid you not... I brought up the Canucks drafting Podkolzin, who was shorter when he was drafted but had these "big mitts", and told him that's he's grown about 3 inches since he was drafted. What a coincidence...

So basically, Podkolzin was just a puppy who eventually grew into his big paws. :lol:

• Haha 3

I’m so excited for this guy.  I understand he has not reached his offensive potential yet, but his motor, size and intelligence makes his floor extremely high.  He is going to be a player that we were sorely missing in that Vegas series. If Jake can figure it out.  A forecheck of Vasili and Jake could give opposing D men nightmares.  Hopefully smashing Tanev (I love the guy) on a regular basis...lol.  I can’t wait to watch the WJHC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I’m so excited for this guy.  I understand he has not reached his offensive potential yet, but his motor, size and intelligence makes his floor extremely high.  He is going to be a player that we were sorely missing in that Vegas series. If Jake can figure it out.  A forecheck of Vasili and Jake could give opposing D men nightmares.  Hopefully smashing Tanev (I love the guy) on a regular basis...lol.  I can’t wait to watch the WJHC.

Pods-Mott-Virt: wouldn't that be a show. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably my top-3 as well.

Just swap Canada to #2 and Sweden to #3.

I wanna say Canada #1, but that Finland skate is just too damned aesthetically pleasing!

USA is the worst, of course. :ph34r:

I think the German ones look the best

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1