The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

11 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

He is supposed to dominate his age group yet I haven’t even seen him today he been quiet and not for a good reason

No I mean what’s the correlation between Pod and Shirokov? Just seems like a weird comparison. By all accounts Pod has played as advertised. A hard nosed game with some skill to compliment any player he plays with. 

2 hours ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

No I mean what’s the correlation between Pod and Shirokov? Just seems like a weird comparison. By all accounts Pod has played as advertised. A hard nosed game with some skill to compliment any player he plays with. 

Squam is the Eklund of the board. Smile and nod and carry on with your day.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Honestly hoped to have seen more from Podz after two games. 

Same as last year's WJHC.  Not living up to his draft position.  Our best hope for Podz to turn out to be a top six NHLer is that Craig Button seems to think he will be, and fortunately, Craig is usually right.  

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Same as last year's WJHC.  Not living up to his draft position.  Our best hope for Podz to turn out to be a top six NHLer is that Craig Button seems to think he will be, and fortunately, Craig is usually right.  

I was in the Czech Republic for the WJC. I watched the games and he had a very good series. as mentioned above, he is not flashy. He leaves that to other players. He is a player that is relied on by they coach to do the things that need to be done. He is also very good defensively too. So, the Russian coach had him playing the D side as well as in the offensive zone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

This kid is a two way player. I don't expect a ton of points. A shut down checker who can score. 

He is the type of player who dose the dirty work. Every cup contender needs them.

This is what I am seeing from Pods. Obviously taking the "C" very seriously. The Russian team had the score to win and Pods was making sure of the W. Positionally I liked his game. Not as much net front presence as against Canada but again it wasn't needed as they led. This is a big Russian team and it appears to me that they can grow their game towards a rematch against Canada. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1