The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No he doesn’t need to dominate the rest of the tournament. That’s rubbish to say the least. Plenty of players dominate the tournament and become nothing’s.

Would it be exciting yes but it really doesn’t mean anything when in a year or 2 he’s playing in the NHL. It will all be forgotten about 

With playing Pro the last three years and it being his third WJC it is expected.

14 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

With playing Pro the last three years and it being his third WJC it is expected.

Based off what exactly. 

All evidence points at WJC performances being not exactly a good benchmark to go by since the results are unpredictable afterwards.

I just want podz to get a goal lol. The kid would have 3 points tonight if he played with someone like Petey. He's kept the puck in the o zone so many times. Hes great at winning puck battles in the corner and sustaining offensive zone pressure.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Said this in the game thread, but he thinks the game at a higher level than his teammates, and it's causing chemistry issues.  Put him with another high IQ player such as Petey and watch him shine.

I just said that to my boy. Pods doesn't look to be the guy to carry play. He's the digger, the plumber, the responsible one. I watch #13 for Russia and he'd be perfect as a linemate for Pods. #13 loves to carry the play. It's like they expect Pods to be "the guy " on his line. BTW, Pods linemates are useless.

Edited by rekker

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully that loss lights a fire under Podkolzin and his Russian teammates.

Gotta play with more fire if you don’t wanna get bounced early.

Podkolzin deserves better line mates. :(