The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On 2/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

sounds like he may have dodged a bullet there. Yikes. 

No, sounds more like the KHL not having proper concussion protocol. It's actually more concerning he had his bell rung , and they are saying he is fine.

Edited by cuporbust
  • Hydration 1
39 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

No, sounds more like the KHL not having proper concussion protocol. It's actually more concerning he had his bell rung , and they are saying he is fine.

it could have been much worse, is all. 

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

In Russia, if there is no hole, the player is fine. If the player is leaky, fill him with snow and cover with hockey tape.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burr 1
1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

In Russia, if there is no hole, the player is fine. If the player is leaky, fill him with snow and cover with hockey tape.

Lol. Players have left the league because of health concerns.  It's all fun and games till somebody loses an eye......or a kidney...whatever 

I have had 7+ concussions of varying severity, I add in the plus because I have several other instances where I cannot remember what happened but did not get diagnosed.

I digress, Never have I ever had a doc tell me a definitive timeline of recovery let alone suggest three days..I would think...hope that there is something lost in translation and they mean he will be off for 3 days before his next assessment, not meaning that he will be better in 3 days.

Even though the chances are slim to none we see him this year, I hope for a quick recovery, but hope he takes his time and doesn't rush back for their playoffs.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Let’s wait and see what the timeline actually ends up being, and the outcome, before condemning the KHL.

Like I said in an earlier post, the KHL adopted SCAT-5 (same assessment tools as the NHL) league-wide, as of a couple seasons ago. And SKA probably has the best medical staff and facilities in the KHL. So, as far as Russia goes, Podkolzin is likely in the best hands possible.

He may end up being OK after three days (even the NHL has allowed players back very quickly, in some instances, under their protocols), and he may not. But whenever he’s cleared, it will be because he passed through the testing stages, without complications or setbacks, and not because the Russians think that all “woozy noggin bumps” are only worth taking three days off.

The news I’ve heard out of Russia is that Podkolzin was diagnosed as having a “mild” concussion, on the immediate assessment, but was feeling better quickly and reporting no symptoms later that day. According to the team, he avoided any serious injury and will continue to train. I’m just as suspicious as anyone, when it comes to Russian hockey and how little they’ve historically looked out for the best interests of their players, but hopefully the news we’re getting is accurate, and Podkolzin is getting appropriate care, but just lucked out, when it comes to severity, and is actually fine and having no complications.

Well said. Did not know they adopted those protocols. 

Protocol is ,  any where,  that you leave the game.

which he did,. And did not return.

The fact remains anything after ,  is time to heal or do what the player can do to stay healthy.

concussions take time to correct.

sometimes short,.  Somethings lengthy..

there isn’t brain corrective surgery , or drug therapy to fix the issue.

it’s usually a player guiding a doctor who might see something other in mannerisms

nobody is putting a gun to any bodies head to play ASAP , not like yesteryear.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I don’t know about that. Ever heard of a Lada?

That phrase was a famous quote about Ovechkin a few years ago when he played the next night after breaking a toe or something the previous game

48 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I don’t know about that. Ever heard of a Lada?

The first Lada, the VAZ-2101, was introduced in 1970 Over two million VAZ-2105s were produced from 1980 to 2010 The automaker AvtoVAZ was formed from a collaboration between Fiat and the Soviet Vneshtorg (Department of Foreign Trade), and based in the city of Tolyatti on the Volga river.
Introduced: 1973
Owner: AvtoVAZ